ten

"This day couldn't get any worse huh?"

You don't know what to feel anymore. Your emotions were so numb that nothing bothers you.

Because the queue was longer than a centipede. To the point where the end of the line can almost reach the exit door. The food served was not much to your favour either. Sometimes, even if you had filled your stomach with food but if it's not that delicious, the hunger you feel will not be fulfilled yet.

Rindou noticed how pissed you are.

Is he going to say 'in your face' to you?

Or just laugh it off like an asshole?

No, he didn't.

But instead he...

"You can share my onigiri if you want."

Heh?

You stared at him in disbelief.

There ain't no way.

There ain't no way someone self-centred like him would offer food to people. Like hell will he care about other people.

That's where you assume that he might just be joking. It could be that he just wanted to test how easy he can trick you.

"Not funny, Haitani."

Rindou gave you an eye roll. Not giving in to your accusation.

"Who said I was joking?"

Wait, he's not?

"But will it be enough for the both of us? And I'm mad hungry...so, I want to enjoy my food alone."

You only stared at his lunchbox. It's not that big, it could be that there's only a small amount of food inside it. Since it is supposed to be sufficient for one person.

"I have 12 onigiris."

What?! Isn't that like for 4 people?

You didn't say a word, but your expression can tell a thousand words and Rindou is an intuitive person anyways, and he knows damn well that you're weirded out.

"I usually eat 20 but I'm too lazy to make more."

What...

Maybe that's why Ran is way skinnier than him, he's the one that has been chunking down lots of food all along. But it doesn't matter because he's the one that knows how to cook while Ran only knows how to burn the kitchen.

Yes, Ran doesn't eat much even and he will always (no, it's all the time) give his leftovers to Rindou because it seems that the dingus' appetite can't be satisfied. So yeah, he devours his food like a beast.

But it's funny to see that Ran looks like he's food-deprived or most probably no one feeds him while Rindou kind of looks like he is overfed.

No, that's hyperbole.