eighteen

49th floor

49th floor.

You only sighed when you heard that number because why in the world is has to be so high up?

Well, with that high number of floors, it's obvious that you and Rindou had arrived at Mori Tower. This was something unplanned and the reason why you said Mori Tower before was about Rindou's tattoo, you never knew that you had jinxed the two of you to go there.

Technically it was Rindou's idea because he said that one of the essays you two have to write, needed a lot of research. It means that you two need to do research in an old-fashioned way...where you have to discover every goddamn book that is related to the same topic and mostly have to read through the books to obtain information.

Yeah, like people in the 18th century, where they read books to understand the world better.

But come on now, computers already exist and Google was already well-known as a tool to search for any information (reminder that this was 2005).

You know for sure that in the future, later on, the internet will be much wider and the evolution of it will get to the point that people need it and it's crucial for everyone to have it in their hand.

The news, shows, entertainment and all those media stuff will from now on be dependent on the internet and there might be the possibility for the old-fashioned stuff will get discarded.

You wouldn't be surprised either if the libraries in the whole world will be useless and empty. Because what was the point of having them when the internet had everything in it?

But then here's the thing, the computers in the library are limited.

By that, I mean that the computers might have gotten raided by University students that are furthering their master's degree or PhD. So logically, compared to high schoolers like you two than them, who needed them the most?

It's not you two, that's for sure.

And to think that you two have to go this far just for an open essay.

It was the only essay with one word even.

There was no question, instruction or a specific step-by-step way to write this essay. Because, unlike the other essays, there will be a slight description and a few hints on what the type of essay was.

But open essays, just hit differently.

The title was only one word. The end. No further explanation and you better figure out on your own what to do with that word. Use that one strong word to craft an essay that must be more than 150 words.

Well, at least the essay requires you to write a lot and not like that one email essay that has a 120-word limit. It's so fucking annoying since overwriting is one of your weaknesses.