thirty three

The next day

The next day

"Are you really sure that this is a good idea?" Rindou was still with his unsure behavior about you wanting to do this. Well, he's a human being anyways, being contemplative is normal and also...being indecisive sure can already be his second name.

But isn't it a little too late to ask that?

Especially when you're already at the location where he informed you that the muggers were present?

It's ridiculous to back off at this point.

No, it's not as if his warnings can get the best of you either, you are a stubborn girl from the very start. You're the type to already had your mind set fully to anything you will do and basically 'no' is not even an option right now.

"You're asking that...when we're already here?" You asked in an annoyed tone, with one of your thumb pointing at the Haitani hideout.

It's funny how easily Rindou can beat those muggers that this is the second time of him dragging them to their hideout. Might as well say the muggers are probably sick of seeing this place again and again.

"I mean...it's not too late to back off right now." He shrugged, "We still have time...it's–"

"Are you worried about me?" You cut him off in an instant, with one of your eyebrows cocked upwards. Making sure he sees how confused you are with his words.

Rindou was returning back a befuddled look to you too. Now...that question you asked was quite weird to him all of the sudden. It's like the tone in it has a deeper meaning that Rindou just can't describe into words. It's not because he's too dumb to articulate his thoughts but somehow that statement had made him flustered, "I'm not–Of course I will be–"

Hell, no.

That sounds weird for sure as Rindou now realised, so he shook his head slightly and continued, "No, what I'm trying to say is that you're reckless and you don't use your common sense sometimes so that's why I'm worried if you're doing something you'll regret later on,"

You stared at him for a moment, trying to digest his words that were actually just proving your point even more. So you step forward and stand near and right in front of him. That action of yours sure was perplexing Rindou and it just gets worse when you rested your hand on his shoulder. "You're just proving my point, Haitani~"

Rindou just couldn't comprehend this unnecessary teasing coming from you but it was sure making his cheeks burning up. So in an instant, he gently removed your hand from his shoulder in a quick manner and said, "Why on earth are you talking that way?!"

He might just be delusional but there's no way...you out of all people or he can't even say that particular word but it should just be impossible for you to be able to do that.