eleven

The breeze at the outside cafeteria was quite colder than it was supposed to be

The breeze at the outside cafeteria was quite colder than it was supposed to be. Especially in the first half months of Spring, it is expected to be chilly. Since before the lovely bearable Spring season comes, the intense coldness of winter overruled Japan before that.

But Rindou was the only one that noticed it.

Because just as you finished the sentence you just said before, he felt like time stopped all of the sudden and the wind was getting stronger than it used to be, to the point his blonde-blue locks were pushed away a little. The sound of the wind that was supposed to be subtle and unnoticeable, still the male can hear it distinctly.

It's like mother nature is slapping him like crazy.

Or she's trying to hype him up or even worse, she's trying to make his situation even more dramatic.

And it was only because of one thing.

Which were about you complimenting him.

Just like that?

All of a sudden.

No, hi, hello or how are you?

It's like you just drop a bomb in front of his face.

You should at least give him a warning. (It's not like it causes harm or something though)

Rindou doesn't know what to say or what to do. He stayed stiff in his spot and kept on staring at you who was too focused on the food. This situation was hard for Rindou to apprehend.

Don't get me wrong, Rindou is usual with compliments, it's not something new to him even and it will always be repetitive. It can either be the word strong or maybe charismatic and most likely the word 'handsome' is too common among girls.

But it's never the word 'nice'.

God, that word will be the last thing that will ever describe him.

But you say it so blatantly.

And it sounds like you truly mean it.

It sounded genuine.

If there was a rating mark for your compliment, the guy wouldn't hesitate to give a high mark.

Because it's promising.

So just like he thought of you before, you are someone hard to predict and anything that you said will always be so sudden. Yeah, just like a goddamn mystery box. He just wouldn't know what are you going to say or what are you going to do. Your next move or words will always be a mystery, that only a mind reader can guess your next actions correctly.

Speaking of the word 'unpredictable', you felt the same way for him too. Never did you foresee yourself enjoying his handmade onigiris, and what gets better is that you can finish it like it's your meal.