twenty three

The next day

The next day

Just like Rindou expected.

Silent treatment from you.

He went to school quite earlier than usual today and he was surprised to see that you came early too.

He didn't even try to initiate a conversation because you sure looked like you didn't want to be there or want anyone to even talk about whatever happened to your mother. And Rindou sure wants to slap himself for forgetting to bring your mother's handbag to school.

The handbag is important at this moment.

He'll say that's the only proof that he can give to not let your assumptions of him be worse than it already is.

Guess he could give it tomorrow.

And the saddest thing that Rindou had witnessed is how you never even acknowledged his presence that was just beside your seat.

It's like he was invisible to you.

Rindou thought you were not in the mood to talk to anybody and preferred to be left alone.

But no.

You talked to everyone else but him.

In fact, you were just acting normally like you used to, yet you have never even uttered a single word to him. Even if someone you were talking to passed by Rindou's seat, your eyes stayed averted from him. It's like your eyes depict how disgusted you are by him.

It's obvious.

You're avoiding him.

God.

He knew it. This is going to happen.

Yet he wasn't prepared for it at all.

He has no idea what to do or say. Because the only person that he argued with, that has reached this far will be his older brother and eventually, they will make up. And even during times, Rindou had an argument with anyone else before, it will just turn out that the person will leave him and choose to befriend Ran instead.

It turns out like that all the time.

Everyone chose Ran over him.

Most likely Rindou prefers to label it as one of the proofs of why his older brother is better than him. People compare him and Ran so much that Rindou started to believe that he's inferior to Ran was the truth.

So now, it was lunchtime. Him sitting on the bench on the vacant rooftop.

Yeah, of course, he's alone.

Or people will prefer to say that this is his 'mouse moment'.

It hurts him to the core when he heard you ask Akari to go to lunch with you instead of him. That statement coming from your mouth was definitely intended to inform Rindou that you didn't want to have lunch with him and that he was on his own.