eight

Rindou gave you an amused chuckle

Rindou gave you an amused chuckle. Not having the intention to answer your curiosity at all because he says "That's none of your concern."

You narrowed your eyes at him. Wondering what is roaming in his mind. What if he does have bad intentions and wants to utilize you for something. Because he sounded so sneaky and trying to keep things mysterious.

You're being suspicious of him now.

Why would it be so hard for him to answer the question?

It's not like it involves mathematical integration or some shit. It's a simple question that even an infant can answer.

"The deal is about you agree on it or not. No need to ask anything further that is about me." Rindou stated. He does sound like a professional.

Do delinquents have these skills because they make agreements with drug dealers?

You don't want to know further.

You let out a defeated sigh. Not giving in to your curiosity anymore.

"Okay, then..." you tried to swap away every suspicious thought you have for him. You want to trust him but not fully, just a little will be enough.

"So can I suggest a duration for this agreement?"

Rindou didn't answer straight away. He was contemplating about what his next answer. As always, he's one selfish dingus and thinks that this deal you both are having is under his control only since he's the one that started it first.

But he just gave in in the end and responded with a nod.

"3 months only. Then, we call it quits." You were determined that after all of those days, the both of you will part ways. Maybe you'll be busy with more STEM competitions or writing competitions and maybe he will widen his territory or break more people's bones.

But people always say overconfidence is not a good trait to have.

Rindou doesn't show much of his emotions and only agrees with what you want."Whatever floats your boat."

"And also...what do I have to do in order to be 'your friend'?" You said while simultaneously making air quotation marks.

"Easy."

"You just have to follow everywhere I go."

You stay silent for a while.

Everywhere.

That word.

Where would he lead you to?

Is he going to ask you to watch him break people's bones? Is he going to make you his escort girl or something? What in the world is he thinking?

This is where mind-reading powers should be useful.

"Can you specify?"

Rindou adjusted his sitting position and leaned a little bit closer to you, but his actions made you back away subconsciously.