twenty five

"Are you joking right now?" Asuka let out a scoff after hearing the statement that you just uttered

Of course, this would be her reaction.

Because what you just said before was beyond her imagination. It sounded as if you made up a story and were purposefully messing around with her since she tended to believe whatever you told her.

You did regret joking too much with her in the past because you found pleasure in her gullible expression when you told her a dumb lie.

Because now it was different.

You weren't joking.

This was the truth.

It did happen.

And as much as you couldn't believe it either in the first place, you thought about it long enough last night (you couldn't even sleep well last night because the guilt in you kept you awake) so it made so much sense, and it wasn't impossible at all.

He had always been nice.

You're the one that was so blinded by your trust issues that your logical thinking had not helped you enough yesterday.

Even if you had said before that you want to stop having prejudice against delinquents, deep down you still had it. And that's what led to a dispute between you and Rindou.

You stared at Asuka blankly. Not giving any verbal response to her and letting her find out on her own if you were messing around or not.

The blackcurrant-haired girl was grinning and waiting for a 'I'm just messing with you' response from you. But her expression died down as soon as she realized.

Oh.

You weren't joking at all right now.

Shit.

Out of every time that it had happened, she was finally proud to have not fallen for your trick, but it was the one time where you were being serious.

Such a dumb intuition indeed.

That was one of Asuka's weaknesses. She tended to have problems reading the room or people's emotions and usually went with her own instinct instead , and that was how awkward situations like this would happen.

She scrunched up her beautifully arched eyebrows-- still in denial that what you said before...was the truth.

There was no way that was true.

There had to be a hidden motive.

Everyone did shit because they had motivation behind it; to get the job done or accomplished.

So...what was his motivation then?

"But...what for?" Your best friend questioned as her eyes that were so focused on the food on her tray moved to meet yours.