(first name) [1]

Chapters with the character's name as the title mean it's the character's flashback/backstory and it's in 1st POV :)

It was 1985. The year my mother and father fell in love. The year where every moment in their life somehow changed. The year where they want nothing else but near to each other, enjoying each other's presence like they were the only beings that existed in this world.

But here's the problem, the idea of them being together was only liked by them only.

Not everyone around.

Not my father's parents.

Especially when they had arranged for my father to marry an ideal daughter-in-law that they have in mind. A doctor, a pretty face, a family with status, a perfect smile and her existence can change anything my father's family will have.

The ideal girl was the opposite of what my mother is.

They don't care about what my father wants, they only care to fulfil their greed. Because what they have now was never enough, they wanted more.

More money.

More luxury.

More security.

More designer brands.

More than anything they have at the moment because it seems like it will never be enough (just like my father is to them).

They want to be wealthier than they ever could be.

So, of course, they have to bewed my father with a daughter of a well-known businessman. That was the only way. It doesn't matter if there was love in the marriage or not, because what my father's parents think is money is equal to love.

You can buy things that you love with money. So that counts as buying love, right?

A shortcut even to living such a prosperous life that not even a single thing will waver their financial stability in the future.

But my father was stubborn.

'Immature' is what his parents label him as.

Because just a day before the engagement ceremony was about to be held, my father and mother flew back to my mother's hometown, Kumamoto.

Roppongi to Kumamoto.

My father left everything he had, his wealthy family and his soon-to-be secured life that's definitely not going to have affection or love in it.

But truly, my father chooses love over everything. Because it seems like the emotionless and hardworking intern in his working place has driven him crazy and somehow he sacrificed everything that he had just so he can be with her.

And after they arrived in Kumamoto, they stay in my grandmother's house temporarily.

Right, they planned it to be temporarily at first.