five

"I know you're sneaking a cat in, Rindou

"I know you're sneaking a cat in, Rindou."

Rindou stopped in his tracks when his older brother suddenly spoke out. The blonde blue-haired boy never expected him to talk when he was lazily resting on their living room sofa. He thought his brother wouldn't notice him since the living room was facing away from the door. Meaning that Ran didn't even take a glance at him and he can only see the back of Ran's long black golden hair from afar.

Maybe it was an older sibling's instinct or he was just predictable. But it startled him that Ran could predict that he had an orange-coloured kitten snuggling in his forearms and sleeping soundly. The cat remained silent and behaved well. Making its presence unnoticeable.

Does Ran have two eyes at the back of his head?

"That movie? Again?"

"Don't try to change the topic, you brat." Ran said in an annoyed tone. He turned his head to Rindou and glared at the sight of the orange kitten. Making Rindou subconsciously cover the little one with his hands, protecting it from Ran's murderous glares.

Please.

Don't let that 'thing' near Ran.

"You know I had to stuff tissues in my nose when fighting later on.... if you let that little devil in here?"

It's misfortunate indeed when a cat lover (an obsessed one to be specific) and a cat-allergic person are living under the same roof. So that's why in the Haitani household, there were no pets. It's just the brothers only.

One of the rules in the household, don't ever let a cat inside because Haitani Ran is going to get the most intense flu that he will ever endure, just because of a single fur of that being. Maybe it's hyperbole but the lanky guy sure rather get his face stepped on than get that 'cat-allergy' flu. Yeah, that's how horrendous it was.

But what makes it more terrible is that his little brother loves cats. Of course, Ran sometimes gives in with Rindou's shenanigans but this time...he's not having it anymore.

This was the last straw.

When Ran was about to open his mouth, Rindou quickly cut him off by saying, "I'll send him back where it belongs, tomorrow." with a small pout.

"Why can't you just let it-

"Him." Rindou corrected his brother, offended by him not using the kitten's pronouns properly.

Ran rolled his eyes and gave in (again) with his little brother, "Him...outside?"

"......You see...Nii-chan..."

Ran waited for his brother to continue his words by entering the potato chips in his hand aggressively. Ran that most likely known by his suave personality, sure is out of character now. Not calm at all.

Rindou then started to explain what happened before he arrived home.

▌│█║▌║▌║ ᴅɪɴɢᴜs ║▌║▌║█│▌