rindou [1] pt. 2

When that day happened, it was just me and Ran at home

When that day happened, it was just me and Ran at home. Ran and I had gone to preschool since I was already 5 at that time. And as per usual, the same thing will happen to me of how almost everyone in preschool will ask me for confirmation if I was the little brother of the amazing Haitani Ran.

The cycle never ends about my personality being Ran's little brother. Sometimes I can't decide which one will be worse, going to the same preschool with him or not because it will turned out the same for me, people being disinterested with me or not even wanting to befriend me in the first place.

Ran and I was having spring break, so we were just staying at home for a week. And I thought, if I spend more of weekdays at home, I get to see mom often but how wrong I was.

She was busy for the past 2 weeks of that time and was even preparing for her outstation work in Malaysia. Her art career was booming like crazy during that time, that even overseas has decided to realise her talent and they're demanding for her presence here and there.

So I barely saw her that week. I only see her going to work and before I go to sleep.

That was all just it.

For the past few days.

With her storytelling to us of how she's excited for her first overseas trip because she's never been on a plane before. She said that when she was our age, one of the dreams she had was to board an aeroplane and she never specified which place she wanted to go, as long as she can land there safely and enjoy a pleasant scenery, that should be enough.

All that dream of hers had come from her fascination to look at a noisy plane flying above her head on the bright blue sky.

She wants to know how it felt like to be high up in the sky. Where everything under her will look so small that it can fit between her thumb and pointer finger.

As me and Ran was watching TV that time, it was quite an early night, around 8.30 pm at that time, so we weren't anticipating our mother to arrive home yet.

But our assumption was wrong.

The sudden sound of mom's car engine was exceeding the sound of the cartoon that was on the television , especially with the yellow car lights that were visible on the white curtains, our attention shifted to her sudden early arrival instead.

The cartoon on the TV was left be and me and Ran went to window and pushed off the curtains, excited our mom already turning off the engine and was heading out of the car with a smile on her face.

"She's back!" Ran shouted happily, knowing how rare the circumstance is to the both of us and even if going home at 8.30 pm is standard time, it was not for our busy mother that lately have been coming home at 11 pm instead.

I didn't say anything and just remained silent. But even if I was quiet, my happiness at that time was as loud as Ran's words before, I just didn't express it out loud. Because that night, I thought that we could spend more time together before her departure to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia at 10 am the next day.