sixteen

"9!" The PE teacher shouted, his voice echoing in the gym

"9!" The PE teacher shouted, his voice echoing in the gym. The gym was certainly huge, with bleachers that were built on both sides of it but it was specifically used for the badminton players to practice. So the court was quite large for a school level one.

Then, there you were, struggling to put up with your weight as your arms tremble like crazy, not knowing when this pain is going to finish, it felt so endless and somehow you felt like time was moving so slow, just like every tedious lesson that you are in. Your other friends or should I say the other victims were cheering on because their last push-up was about to come soon, but you were just halfway from yours.

Oh, how fun it was to be in their shoes. 

"10!"

The other girls plopped their bodies onto the floor as they sighed loudly in unison, their exhausted faces were decorated with a smile and also laughter. While you, on the other hand, had to do the extra 5 push-ups alone.

You can't be jolly like them.

You thought you could cheat your way by doing it at a  fast pace but unfortunately, the PE teacher counted for you and your friends and every one of you had to do it simultaneously so that no one will do less or more (who is crazy enough wanted to do more?).

So in the end...you had to suffer from embarrassment, doing the last 5 pushups alone while your other classmates watch you in enjoyment, jovial to know that they're not in your unfortunate situation.

"You! Remember that you have to do 5 extra pushups!" The PE teacher screamed at you as if you were trying to run away when you clearly didn't do that and you were already in position even, waiting for him to count the last 5 numbers and later this shit will be over.

Does it look like I'm running away?!

"11!"

The other girls had stood up from their laying position and none of them wasted any moment in staying in front of your classmates, they took their steps back to the bleachers and left you enduring your misery. None of them was nice enough to stay by your side anyway.

It was humiliating to see some eyes on you and the way that your arms wobble like they were air dancers in front of those gas stations, it was so obvious that you're so atrocious with this exercising stuff. Your knees started to get tired since you were pressing on the floor real hard, that was the only way that you can maintain your balance and even if knee pushups ease girls since it is scientifically proven that their upper body is not strong as males, but damn your knees hurt like hell, somehow doing the men pushups might be easier for you.

15 was supposed to be a small number but it felt like forever when it comes to pushups.

"12!"

"Do you know anyone named Asuka?" Haru suddenly asked a random question to Rindou that was still busy looking at you, struggling with those pushups.