nineteen

2 weeks after (Sunday)

"(Nickname), do you want this?" Your mother asked as she took out a (favourite chocolate) bar from the shelves, you both were in the chocolate section of the supermarket.

You nodded happily, those chocolates are like your energizer for you to do work and stuff, so if you don't have any at home, it felt like your life is incomplete.

You know that type of disappointment when you open your food shelf or fridge just to see nothing of your favourites in it and you were left to starve until your mother prepares you a proper meal.

You were the one that was pushing the trolley around the supermarket which was situated in the middle of your neighbourhood. The place you live sure was convenient because if there was a shortage of food or there are new ingredients that your mother wanted to buy, it will be no biggie since it takes less than 3 minutes to go there from your house.

The goods in your trolley started to pile up and the list of stuff that your mother wanted to buy had all been checked. So, there's no need to waste time anymore so you both headed to the counter.

Worried that your father at home might have waited for you two to come back and prepare dinner together (what I mean are your mom and dad...you don't know how to cook till this very day).

Your mom paid for all the goods while you were busy putting the plastic bags filled with goods back into the trolley, most of them were quite heavy so it's best to just bring the trolley to your car and put it back later.

As you two were exiting the supermarket, not wasting any time going back to the car. With you pushing the trolley while your mother was pulling the front of it just to make it go faster.

You suddenly gasped.

Automatically, you halted the trolley which made your mother jolt her body backwards.

Your mother looked at you in confusion, "What?"

You don't know how to say this but this happens all the time...because you're always forgetful. And you bet that one  specific sentence will come out from your mother since it will always be the constant response for this situation.

"I forgot to buy (favourite drink)." you nervously laughed, trying to not sound scared.

Your mother sighed and took out her wallet, shoving the money in her hand to you, "How many times did I tell you to make your own shopping list?"

See...just like you predicted, that will always be the response she gives.

"Okay, okay. I'll do it next time."

Your mother sure has no energy to get angry and it seems like she's already numb to this situation. And also, your mother also predicted about you saying 'next time' and still you do the same mistake.