twenty six

The sound of Asuka tapping her shoes was the only thing that was reverberating in the space of the empty and silent alleyway

The sound of Asuka tapping her shoes was the only thing that was reverberating in the space of the empty and silent alleyway. It was not because she was thumping them so loudly but it was just dead silent; you were not joking that it was the only sound filling the streets.

How long has it been?

You could see how dark the sky had turned since the time you arrived here. Indicating that hours had passed by.

You rushed your way to the hideout when cram school had ended. You even forgot that Asuka wanted to accompany you, so the blackcurrant-haired girl had to run her way and shout at you just so she could catch up to your unbelievable speed.

"1 and a half hours?! We've been waiting for that delinquent for–" Asuka ruffled her already messy ponytail, making her bangs go out of place. "God, what a waste of time. We could have finished any of our homework by now, (Nickname)!" The blackcurrant-haired girl had enough with all of this, she had been patient for too long.

She had finally reached her limit and she couldn't help but get angry at you. She stayed silent before this and just hoped that the delinquent would pop out of nowhere.

But nope.

Not a single trace of him was seen.

It seemed like he didn't have any plans to show himself at all.

You did feel bad that you had made her wait for this long. But still, she chose to accompany you. You didn't ask her to go with you because you had already thought of this possibility to happen.

Him ignoring you.

You knew for sure that he was in that hideout, and that he had taken notice of  you and Asuka waiting for him to come out. It must be satisfying for him to see the both of you waiting for him like fools.

This was his payback time.

After you said something so hurtful to him, why would he bother to feel bad to let you wait pathetically for hours just so that you could apologize to him?

This is what you get for hurting him and he did say that he would not let you and him see each other again, so this is what he meant.

He marked his own words.

That's how he's always been.

But you couldn't give up yet.

You will not deny how annoying and conceited Rindou was sometimes but you knew for a fact that he still was an empathetic person. In fact, you believed his empathy was way bigger than yours.

He was going to come out eventually. You were confident about it ever since the few first minutes you've been waiting for him.

Probably he will feel bad that you had waited for so long just so you can talk to him.