The Preparations

....

Mrs Rose stares at the exchange between the two. Her eyes flickering to Aaron's grip on Ezra's chin to land back on him.

"Mom?"

As if struck by lightning. Aaron realises his closeness to Ezra and moves back from her. Straightening back to run his hand through his hair.

Cursing under his breath.

"What's going on here? Aaron?"

She asks in a voice , laced in austerity. Making Ezra to lower her eyes immediately, clenching the comforter tightly.

Stepping closer to Aaron, Mrs Reed's expression changes suddenly. Her brows furrowed in hidden anger

"Have you been drinking?"

Aaron's throat ran dry as he looks at his mom. Not knowing how to answer it.

"Mom..I-"

Mrs Reed shows him her hand. Asking him to shut it. To only look at Ezra's downcasted eyes and sigh.

"I will ask you both just one question. And I want both of you, to answer me truthfully."

"Aaron. Were you drunk that night when you initiated that kiss?"

"Mom but-"

"Yes or No Aaron! Nothing else!"

He sighs, to move his head in a no. Clenching his fists.

"No Mom. I wasn't drunk that night."

"Good"

Turning towards Ezra, Mrs Reed asks in a soft voice. Placing her hand on Ezra's head

"Ezra my child. Do you have feelings for my son?"

Ezra's eyes stop at Aaron's. Who was sending daggers at her. Warning her. And she gulps, not knowing how to answer.

"Don't look at him Ezra. Look at me and tell me the truth."

Ezra looks back at Mrs Reed's eyes. And she knew, she couldn't lie.

"I...do"

Came her reply. And a big smile comes on Mrs Reed's lips.

"Bravo! You both made me the most happiest person alive by telling me this! Oh my goodness! I am so happy , I can't even tell!"

Holding Aaron's hand ,she pulls him to place his palms in Ezra's hand. Looking at them and smiling.

"It's final now. I guess it's time for a wedding now!"

Ezra and Aaron look at each other in shock. Mrs Reed's hand on their hands, stopping them from pulling back.

"We... wedding Mrs Reed?"

Ezra asks. To only have Mrs Reed to nod. Pulling her for a hug. To only hold her face in her palms, looking at Ezra with eyes, filled with tears of happiness.

"Yes my Ezra! I have a great wedding to arrange for! After all my daughter like Ezra is finally going to be my daughter in every sense! "

Aaron looks at his mother in shock. How much he wanted to stop her, to say no. But that smile on her lips? He hasn't seen her so happy before.

"Aaron! Thank you so much my Son! No matter how much I searched, I couldn't find a girl as perfect as Ezra. Thank you!"

She pulls Aaron for a hug. And he stills, not knowing what to do or say. He just gulps, finally placing his hands around her, hugging her back.

"I am so happy!"

All excited, Mrs Rose had tears of happiness in her eyes. And neither Aaron, not Ezra had it in them , to stop her.