The distance and disaster

1 Month Later

"The new acquisition has made the companies net profit to rise drastically."

"And even the shares rose 5% over the past month. Various FII's are looking eager for an increase in the market share. And overall, we can say."

"That this quarter was a bumper! A round of applause for all your efforts in making this company successful."

Claps echo in the board room. With everyone having smile on their faces, except for one.

Aaron Reed.

Staring into nothingness. He was looking lost in his thoughts. His reasons unknown to everyone.

"Mr Aaron Reed. Our new CEO is one of the main reasons behind this success."

"Mr Reed. Would you like to say something?"

The speaker asks. To only see Aaron still lost. A paper weight held in his hands as his eyes were concentrating on a pen on his desk.

"Mr Reed!"

The speaker speaks again. Bringing Aaron out of his thoughts. No one has ever seen him before like this.

He was a workaholic.

He uses to sleep ,eat and live in his office.

But recently his behaviour changed.

If he was cold before, he was colder now.

He looked preoccupied with something else all the time.

Looking back at everyone. He gets up, buttoning his coat. Nodding at everyone with his face devoid of any emotion.

"Good everyone. Keep it up."

That's all he said, excusing himself. Leaving the board meeting, making everyone lower their eyes. Not daring

Walking through his office building, the staff greets him but he doesn't pay heed. Not even replying.

Opening his office door, he rushes in ,to settle on his chair.

Leaning back on the chair he runs his hands through his hair.

"Damn! What's wrong with me!"

He talks to himself. EZra's smiling face coming in front of his eyes, increasing the heaviness in his chest.

How he missed seeing that smile.

How he missed her stupid words.

How he missed the breakfast she made and that coffee?

His taste buds were yearning for it.

Yes, you guessed it right.

She wasn't talking to him, let alone talking, she wasn't even looking at him. It's been 1 months and one could say directly, that she didn't give a damn about him.

He wanted this.

Right?

Then why was he feeling like this.

Maybe because of that smile on her lips when on the dining table, she chats with someone on her phone.

Not caring to make his food or even serve it to him.

When she smiles at everything, except when she looks at him.

Damn! It was a torture.

He was even forgetting her voice and that scent of hers with time.