An another normal day in the apocalypse

The boy's eyes broaden seeing an purring kitten hovering over. You see this was no ordinary kitten this kitten could walk , talk and wear clothes. This kitten was almost like an human expect all of the fur and teeth. The kitten wore an red football jersey hanging to his knees including an red cap which was far to big for his adorable small head. The boy whom completely buried the idea of friendly household of kittens giving him an home. " You were talking in your sleep again." When kitten spoke it almost sounded identical to an little boy, no one would of never think of an mutant cat. " I was?" The boy replied in exhausted tone. " Yeah you were saying "Where am I?!" Or " I need my mommy!" The boy frowned at his roommate tease. " c'mon let's eat!" The kitten energetically leaped out of bed to only be faced with the floor. "I'm okay!" Before the boy tried to help up his friend. The boy helped his friend to his feet and headed to the kitchen. An woman figure hummed and danced to the radio's rhythm. " you're embarrassing yourself, mother!" The kitten shouted. The women figure turned around, she looked like an ordinary mother with ribbons in her ears to hold, an long working dress and had grayish fur unlike the kitten. The kitten had mismatch fur with black, white and orange like his father. " like our Sovereign tells us,  chin up!" The boy head turned, conflicted. "Wait..what did you say-" " MOM! Billy destroyed my exclusive purse!" All eyes turn to the kitten. " it was accident!" The older cat dashed into the room with her claws out. Billy ran behind the kitchen counter, frighten by his older sister. Nevertheless, she chased him while Billy dodged her at every turn. "I'm going to kill you, you little runt!" "" Samatha enough! You should know better!" The mother spoke in stern voice. "That's not fair!" The mother stood in pose,  holding her claws to her hips. "Get your lunch and I'll deal with it." Samatha growled , she walked away with giving the boy and Billy an glare. " I'm sorry human- I mean Chase." The mother spoke in disappointment voice as she lead him into an chair. Chase turned an fuzzy baby, babbling to him. The mother giving chase and billy an fish sandwich. The mother pulled out an used brush, instead of combining his hair she instead pulled out the fur and placed in Chase's coat. The mother reassuring  that other creatures only know what he was an supposedly cat. After Chase finished his breakfast, the mother cautious placed the cat mask hover Chase's cheeks. " Aww my little oddball kitten." The mother wiped an tear, smiling proudly. " Thanks  Mrs. Calico..." Chase said softly and took the organized packed lunch. "Anytime!" She smiled waving bye when she stood at the door frame watching her kitten's head to the big world on their own. She wasn't wrong, For chase this was an big world with whole lot of teeth.