Teaming up

"I hate you" Fletcher muttered to her as he walked beside her to school. "I knew keeping those elementary pictures of you would come in handy." Samantha said with an smirk. Fletcher groaned and shoved his paws into his pockets. "All for some information..." "And it was best thing I ever did you, jerk! I can't believe you would keep secrets from
me!" "Well, we both weren't exactly friends." "Until now!" Fletcher turned to her, his eye gaped for her words and eventually turned away. Samantha smiled and taking it as an compliment. "Samantha?" Harper stood in front of them, distressed. "Oh hey! This is Fletcher my new friend and this is Harper!" The two looked at each other then turned their eyes to Samantha. "Samantha, this isn't you...What are you doing with him? Samantha, come on.." Samantha frowned and glared at her. "He's my friend just like your my friend." Harper glanced at Fletcher, hesitated. "I don't know Samantha...can we at least be partners for the trip?" Samantha and Fletcher stared at each other. "I'm sorry-" "it's fine...I'll go somewhere else." Harper trailed along. "Oh..I feel so bad.." Samantha grumbled and rubbed her arm. "I'll tell her the truth when we're done." Fletcher nodded and both of them headed to class.
After class, the students headed to the deport to ride on the bus. While doing so, Samantha rethought of the gathered information. Fletcher told her of several other mutants capture young or old when they got close to the statues. Fletcher also  suspect that Sovereign is behind it and mistreats his order. Apparently, Carol and Fletcher had suspected something strange was going along with the deer family especially with the sovereign and used the money they collected to buy more equipment. Carol idea was supposed to take pictures of the statue, hopefully to get some evidence. Now we are at our last straw on finding some evidence. The plan is to use an excuse to leave and gather some information.
When Samantha and Fletcher arrived, they knew immediately what to do. Samantha was the first to be excused then after fifteen minutes it was Fletcher turned. Samantha and Fletcher sneaked around and do dodging all the cameras. Fletcher raised his ears, he grabbed Samantha's paw and pulled her into an janitors closet. Fletcher and Samantha watched out of the small window nailed to the door. An group of weasel wearing white lab coats walked across from them. Fletcher inspected each and everyone of them "Hey Samantha, I think we need to go to lab-" Samantha already climbing to the vents and Fletcher followed. Samantha carefully climbed, listening to any slight sounds and finally heard "Thank you for your cooperation, mayor" Samantha immediately followed the sovereign's voice and Fletcher tried to record it. "Your payment will do you well until your next shipment. Oh and next time...Don't be late on payment or you'll have to do." An clear sound of Sovereign hanging up and exhaling his breath. "Hello.." the voice of Anne entered the scene. Samantha found an window above the room. Anne looked terrified of her brother, holding her hands behind her back and avoiding eye contact. "I'm sorry for causing trouble...I just wanted to cheer up the children." Sammy stood up, he had an cold stare and slowly allowed himself to stand in front of her. Sammy inspected her and with great haste he slammed her. "You're being nothing but an interference! Do you understand on how difficult it is keeping this secret?" Anne started to cry but Sammy didn't seem to give sympathize for his sister and continued to go on. "Times like this, I regret only letting you out because your nothing but trouble!" Sammy  grumbled and scoffed. "I couldn't control it! The more you give me, the more I can't sleep, I can't eat and I can't think! You told me it was supposed to help me and other people but it's only causing harm!" Sammy stared at her, pondering before replying " Go home." Sammy pointed to the door when the phone rang. Anne hesitated and obeyed. Sammy grabbed the phone and listened. "You what?!  You lost the footage?! I sent you for one simple job and you can't even do that? You believe it was an cat that stole it? Do you have any identification of him or her? Hm...and an Officer? An hyena? How interesting...I want them alive, I'll send backup." Samantha had weird feeling that somehow her brother was responsible for it , she brushed it off and carried on.
Meanwhile, Harper sighed and followed the guide. Francesca chuckled and giggled behind her back. "Your next" Harper turned around "What?""Samatha has an trend of leaving friends and maybe your next!" "She wouldn't do that to me...not with him..." "Who knows, she did it with Carol and look at her now." Harper gotten quiet and  went looking for Samantha.