Liz's story

After the dream, Chase had no choice but to finish his homework as he desperately tried to keep his secret. Chase tried his best to concentrate on his work but questions of him being an mutant was too much. Eventually, Chase finished his work and ran to Liz's hideout. Liz's hideout  was an tunnel behind the city that used to be human hide out but the mutants quickly found them. Chase paced himself until Liz sprinted over. " Hey, what's the matter?" Now it was Chase's turn for him not to answer. Liz looked worried and tapped his shoulder. Chase jumped and stared around, anxiously. "Are you...alright?" Liz asked once more. "No I'm not alright! For the past days I only been given mystery and not enough answers! Now I've just been told I'm an mutant!" Liz paused and froze in place. "You're what?..." "Oh don't worry I'm not going-" Now Liz was freaking out. "What?! This wasn't supposed to happen!" "What are you talking about Liz?.." " Do you know why I'm not with the other humans?" Chase gotten quiet. " It's my fault , it's my fault that humans are becoming extinct. When I was baby they left me outside to be eaten because they believed I didn't deserve them. My father created this madness, I don't know why but all I know it's my fault." Chase held her hand and spoke to her gently. "It's not your fault..it wasn't right for what they did to you..." "How do you know?!" Liz turned away but Chase still held onto her hand. "You were just an baby...how would you know better?" Chase pulled her into an hug, Liz resisted for an while but afterwards she couldn't hold in the tears. The tears of being rejected of world she would rather live than have her life be in danger in every second. These were the tears of mistreatment of her father and from herself. Chase held her until she stopped sobbing under her mask. "You're an good friend Chase.." she said quietly. "Are you okay now?" Chase rubbed her back. Weirdly, for strangers they felt so connected with each other and easily became comfortable with each other. "My father used me an experiment, I don't know why but the only thing he did was create me into an monster." Liz exposed her arm with grayish fur and blackish claws. Her fur trailed all the way to the side of cheek. "I don't know how but I will help you chase, I promise."