The talk

"Hey sir?" Chase spoke softly walking around into the black emptiness of his mind. "Yes?" replied his mysterious friend. "So you say that I'm part animal, right? But I haven't discover what animal I am, you know? So I was wondering if you could tell me?" The green cape deer stared at him with confusion. "I don't know what you mean? You want me to tell you what mutant you are?" "Yes!" "I have no clue sorry..." "what?!" Chase threw himself on the floor, groaning. "This is getting hopeless, I've been trying to figure out for days!" "Yes I wasn't exactly there when they had the needle struck into you." Chase sat up, sighing. "I'm scared, I need to know what animal I am so I can protect everyone! Everyone is protecting me and I need a way to pay them in return. Everyone is going out on an limb for me and it's not fair for them!" "It's odd on how it hasn't appeared just yet...Maybe Liz had an more of development injection?" Chase continued to look at the ground, feeling ashamed. "Speaking of Liz." The buck spoke in teasing manner. "You think she's cute?" Chase turned his head to his direction, flustered. "I don't like her like that! She's my friend and only my friend." "Don't lie...I can see what you feel..." Chase groaned and mumbled. "I like her a little bit..." Chase's mentor frowned and hovered over him. "Only a little bit correct?" Chase nodded. "Good, it can show weakness at an battlefield." "Weakness? Battlefield? Am I...going to have to fight her?" "Well...it could happen." "How?" "If she was an traitor or perhaps an murderer?" "But she isn't!" "What if she was?! When your in the battlefield relationships are irrelevant and cause distraction!" "I don't want to hurt my friends and family." "You don't need to unless it's mandatory to removing my brother from the throne." Chase seemed still unconvinced. "To make the world an better place, you need to sacrifice for what you love for people. You want people to be safe and happy right? Well, you need to remove anyone or anything from it. I had to remove myself from my family so I can help you help people." Chase sighed. "you're right, if I really want to help people then I need to remove anything unnecessary including...love."