chapter 22

For the past few days, we decided to lay low for a while. Some lycans are starting to investigate each place but we still need to lay low.

We don't want the city to be a world war of vampires and lycans. It was weekend today and I was at my apartment.

Rose was hanging out with ruby and the girls as Esther is with me. I notice some behavior to her because whenever ruby was around she just stare at her.

I was on my phone while Esther was playing x box as usual. While we're busy minding our own business.

Someone suddenly knock on our door. I decided to open it to whoever they are.

When I open the door, it was my brother and Karl, they have some food with them as I smiled and greeted them.

"Well hello, brother and Karl. Please do come in"

I said as I let them come in as I close the door. When we got on the living room Esther immediately smell the blood bag as she pause her game and look at us.

"Food is finally here"

She said as she stood up and went to take some blood bag. The three of us start drinking blood while Karl just eats burger.

"What brings you here, brother?"

"Just wanna check on my sister"

"You don't have to, brother. I'm a big girl now"

"It's not that. I can't risk losing you again"

"Oh don't worry, I learn my lesson from being reckless"

"So do vampires only crave blood?"

Karl ask.

"Actually we can still eat human food, we just prefer blood because it gave us more strength"

"I see"

"I wanna eat some human food"

Esther suddenly said as we look at her confused.

"Don't you have some money to buy some human food? I mean you have live for about centuries"

"Yes but I've never tried any human food plus I'm broke"

"What kind of a vampire who live for centuries and still broke?"

"Uhm...me?"

We look at her in disbelief as I dial someone on my phone. I then start to order some food as esther just smiled at me.

"Happy?"

"More than happy little y/n~ should I give you a reward?"

"I'd prefer not"

I immediately said as they all just chuckled at me.

"First time turning down a woman, sis. You must really love the dimitrescu"

"Of course. I would risk my life for them. That's how I love them"

I said as Karl let out a proud smile as well as the two.

"But enough about my love life we should talk about your love life"

"Well you did miss something about us"

My brother said as I cock my eyebrow. He then show me his ring finger as I saw a ring.

I immediately realize and chuckled at them.

"No way! You guys are married?!"

"Last year Karl propose to me and when this all end. We decided to have our wedding"

"I see, well I assure you that your dream will come true"

I said as I smiled as we started laughing.

"But I gave you my word, brother"

"Oh don't mess with y/n now, she gave her, her word"

Karl said as we continue laughing. We then start to look at Esther as we smirk at her.

"Esther~ I see how you look at ruby"

I said as she got flustered for the first time. That's when we immediately realize she likes ruby.

"You have a taste on women, esther"

"Well, of all the woman I've met in centuries. None of them caught my eyes until she appeared on my life"

"Ok here we go"

I said as we smiled at Esther while we kept listening.

"I've never seen anyone so gorgeous before, those ocean blue eyes can melt my dead heart, those long ash gray hair. Oh how I want to brush them gently and those lips...how I want to kiss them passionately"

"You do seem to like my buddy very very much"

"I do like her, I've never felt this before..."

"Well Esther my Friend, you just have the best wingman's on earth"

Karl said as Esther look at us confused.

"We Will help you ask her out on a date"

"Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Of course we're buddies"

Ethan said as Esther gave us a warm smile that she never showed before.after that We just partied on our apartment for the rest of the night.