It's You and Me (Christen Press)

Y/n stumbled into the first class of the day, with a minute or two left till it started, sitting close to the front without being in the first row.

Getting her laptop out she heard a voice ask, "Is this seat taken?"

Y/n looked up to see a stunning woman, looking awkward hoping Y/n would answer.

Y/n's jaw was moving without any words coming out but looking away briefly she was able to say, "No, it's all yours." Cursing herself for not making a better impression.

"Thanks."

Y/n wanted to try and save it but when she looked at the side profile of the girl now next to her, she had a feeling of déjà vu.

Instead of paying attention to the professor, Y/n kept pondering on why this woman seemed so familiar.

When the class ended, they started packing up, they both stood up at the same time and Y/n found she still had the inability to speak when looking at her.

The girl gave an awkward pause again, waiting for Y/n to start walking first.

"Names' Y/n, what's yours beautiful?" They were both shocked at Y/n's words but the girl answered.

"Christen." And just like that something clicked.

"Don't be so shy Pressy, I thought you'd recognize an old teammate."

Y/n was now smiling realizing this was one of her U17 teammates.

Christen took a double take, now connecting the dots herself.

"I'll catch up with you later, gotta head to the auditorium. I'll see you on the field though ya?"

Christen nodded as Y/n jogged off, still trying to gather herself after what just happened.

—–

Christen walked onto the field for the tryouts for the team, seeing Y/n and another girl doing a complicated handshake.

Press had spent some time remembering who was at her last camp and she and Y/n had only been acquaintances. Looking at the second girl she recognized Kelley O'Hara.

Chris knew her a little more from the camp but Y/n and Kelley were nearly attached to the hip.

The girls had bright smiles, laughing something silly but then Chris saw Y/n looking over to her and their eyes meet.

Y/n grinned, waving at Press. Making Kelley turn, confused until she recognized the woman Y/n was waving at.

"Hey isn't that the girl that always made you blush?" Kelley asked and Y/n almost looked like she had seen a ghost.

Any louder and Y/n would have died of embarrassment because Press might have heard it.

"A word to her and I'll smother you in your sleep." Y/n spoke to Kelley through gritted teeth as Chris was approaching them almost in hearing range.

"Pressy, you remember this pain in the ass don't you?" Y/n joked, pointing to Kelley.

"It's hard to forget meeting the real life thing one and thing two." Christen matched Y/n's playfulness, motioning to Kelley and Y/n.

Kelley busted out laughing, patting Y/n on the back. As Y/n tried to hide the blush, hoping Chris wouldn't remember the nicknames they were given their first camp together.

"Well, we'll get out of your away, tryouts start in half an hour. Me and Kelloggs will be warming up on the field, feel free to join us once you get ready."