Not made of Stone (Alex Morgan) Part 4

Y/n felt unreasonably nervous, standing outside of Alex's house. Taking a deep breath Y/n finally knocked on the door.

Waiting for a moment, Y/n was about to check the time when Alex opened up the door.

A blush came over both of them, Y/n was overtaken by Alex's beauty seeing her dress, having to look away. While Alex felt she had overdressed seeing that Y/n was in jeans and a sweatshirt, looking away embarrassed.

"Um..." Y/n tried to find words.

"Please come in." Y/n just nodded and mumbled 'thanks'. About to ask where Charlie was Y/n wasn't fast enough.

"Let me get changed, Charlie is in the other room."

"Okay." Y/n watched as Alex hurried to what was assumed to be her bedroom. Y/n just shrugged it off, heading over to check on Charlie.

Y/n smiled when Charlie giggled, playing with some of her toys.

It took a couple of minutes, and Alex soon came into the room now wearing more casual wear. "Alright, I just need to drop off Charlie at the babysitter's place, on the way if you don't mind."

"Actually I was hoping Charlie could come too."

"Yeah, sure." Alex was caught off guard but it was a relief that Y/n wanted to keep Charlie tonight.

-----

Walking into the house Y/n led Alex to the dining room.

"I know it's not a lot but a simple date is as good as any, right?"

Alex looked around the room to see a blanket fort in the living room, a stack of movies next to the TV and dvd player, and some snacks that Charlie deemed her favorite.

There was a small ding from the kitchen, Y/n going to check the food.

"Dinner's ready."

Y/n plated the mac'n'cheese and dino nuggets, bringing over the glasses of apple juice as well.

Saying 'thank you' Charlie started eating while Alex was still trying to take it in.

"Don't worry, it's vegan," Y/n tried to get rid of the nerves with a joking tone, "do you like it?"

Alex finally came back to reality, "Yeah I love it. It's just not what I expected."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No this is perfect."

-----

The three of them snuggled into the blanket fort, Y/n about to start the next movie.

"Oh man, I didn't realize how late it was." Y/n taking note that Alex and Charlie will have to leave soon.

"Mamma can we stay a little longer?" Charlie asked.

"I have extra pajamas if you guys wanna stay the night."

Charlie gasped in excitement, "Can we ma, please?"

Y/n hopped not to overstep waiting for Alex's reaction.

"Sure, that would be nice." Knowing she was too tired to drive back home and not that she'd decline more time with Y/n.

"Yes!" And with that Y/n led Charlie to where the spare pj's were, grabbing Alex's too.

"You can change in the bathroom, I'll give these to your mom."

"Okay."

Y/n chuckled, loving how the kid didn't have a care in the world.

Going to the living room Y/n spotted Alex in the kitchen who was doing the dishes.

"You know you don't have to do that right?"

"I wanted to and you cooked so it's only fair."

Y/n wanted to argue but seeing as Alex was drying the last plate it would have been pointless.

About to hand Alex the pajamas Y/n was surprised by the kiss. It made the two tune out the world, enjoying the touch while it lasted.

"What was that for?" Y/n whispered, staying close to Alex.

"A thank you for tonight."

"You don't have to thank me for loving two amazing humans."

Sharing a smaller kiss than before they noticed the footsteps of Charlie coming closer by the moment.

"Come on, I wanna watch Wall-E." The child's excitement made both of them laugh.

Y/n stopped Alex before she followed Charlie, "And here, I didn't want Charlie getting them before you."

Alex smiled brightly noticing the package of Oreos on the pile of pajamas she was handed.

"My hero." Alex joked as Y/n followed mini Morgan.

-----

When the end credits rolled, Alex looked over at the two. Y/n was laying down and Charlie made Y/n's body into a bed both sleeping.

Alex was happily looking at them, kissing both of their foreheads, pulling a blanket over them as she replayed the conversation Y/n had with Charlie when they thought she was still changing.

-----

"Y/n what does love feel like?"

Taken aback, Y/n tried to dodge answering it.

"Wait till you're older then we can talk."

"But Y/n." the small wine and puppy eyes were enough for Y/n to at least try and make an effort to explain.

"Love is when things aren't perfect but when you're with that person you love, it feels as close to perfect as it can." Y/n hoped to come up with a more solid answer if Charlie asked again but this would have to do for now.

"What about you and Mom?"

Both Alex and Y/n froze not knowing what to do.

Alex was about to come out of her hiding place, hoping to help Y/n but she stopped when Y/n continued.

"I mean yeah, life feels pretty amazing when you and your mom are around."

"So do I get to start calling you mom?"

"Alright, that's enough questions for tonight kid. You said you wanted to watch Wall-E?"

"Yeah!"