Chapter 3

Shibuya was full of people. The streets were busy and crowded, colorful and lively. Workers, tourists, teenagers, families, all different kinds of people were shopping or passing by. Shibuya was indeed a very beautiful place, full of cool shops and peculiar ones as well. Among this sea of people were Sakiko and Emma, strolling and going from shop to shop. Just like Emma said at the last gathering of Toman, she and Sakiko went shopping the day after. They met after school and here they were, admiring clothes and eating street foods.

The two girls were at a shop was specialized in colorful clothes. Bright colors were garnishing the place with cute decorations such as fluffy clouds lamps, stars, royal mirrors, and fluffy carpets. It was like being in a whole other world, being in some kind of magical shojo manga.

"It's been a while we hadn't shop together," Emma smiled as she linked her arms with Sakiko's while looking around the shop.

"Yeah, I missed it," Sakiko grinned as brushed the row of blouses with the tips of her fingers. "It's good to have a girls' day,"

"Tell me about it! No school, no Toman, just us!" Emma cheered.

The two girls loved the boys. They grew up with them. But being surrounded by boys only was sometimes very overwhelming, especially when they were part of a gang and only thin about fighting. So being together, just Emma and Saki, was a boost. They could talk about things they couldn't with the Toman boys. Love, fashion, school, or even movies and music were not what the Toman boys would usually talk about. At the exception of Mitsuya, of course. He was an absolute fashion genius.

"By the way, how is it going with Ken-chin?" Sakiko asked, curious.

"The usual," Emma sighed as she observed the dresses. She took one cute baby blue dress and placed it before her in front of the mirror. "He only cares about the Toman and Mikey. It seems like he's dating Mikey instead of me," she sighed.

"Don't lose hope, Emma-chan," Sakiko encouraged as she handed a top to Emma. The latter took it and looked at the mirror, examining it on her. "Draken cares about you, he's just awfully bad at showing it,"

"You think so?"

Emma was looking at Sakiko through the mirror. Her eyes were sullen, showing a hint of worry. She was truly affected by Draken's impassivity and lack of affection. Though Sakiko knew the boy well. Emma had nothing to worry about.

"He wouldn't be dating you if he didn't care about you," Sakiko smiled.

"You're right!" Emma cheered, her mood already better. "Ugh, I wish we were in the same school!"

"Just crash by my house whenever you want," Sakiko chuckled."I'm sure Sumi will be happy to see you. She's been preparing for her school festival lately,"

The two girls headed out of the shop after replacing the garments where they originally were. Arms linked again, they strolled in the streets of Shibuya, under the setting sun.

"Already? Isn't that in two months?"

"Yeah but the dance club she's in has planned a number so they prepare early,"

"Will you do something too? With the music club of your school?"

"I'm not part of the music club,"

"But I'm sure they won't mind if you join,"

"You know I can't Emma-chan,"

Emma glanced at Sakiko. Despite her usual calm and soft face, Emma could see the sadness in Sakiko's eyes. It was a great contrast with the expression she had on. It pained the blonde girl to see her best friend not being able to live her dream. Music was all her life, it was part of her. But despite what it seemed, music was quite a physical thing. Being able to reach the right notes, to sing a song, the breathing technics, the voice effects, the intensity of the song, the emotion put into the performance, all of that combined needed a lot of energy and training from the singer. Sakiko's heart was too fragile.