Chapter 33

Giggles and laughers were filling the air in Sakiko's room. Lied down beside Mikey, hand in hand and facing the ceiling, they spent the afternoon talking and reminiscing the good old days. The time when they would be playing outside, or the time they would eat together during breaks back in elementary school, or the many times Satohiko would visit Shinichiro and would bring Sakiko along. Each moment together was filled with happiness, whether they were doing nothing but talking, or fooling around in the neighborhood. Sakiko couldn't think of a sad moment between Mikey and her. And she hoped it would be like that for the rest of her life. She wished to be by his side for the longest time.

"Do you remember that time my big bro told Waka you liked him?" Mikey laughed. But Sakiko's face immediately turned red at the memory. She hid her face behind her hand and sighed.

"Don't remind me of this! This was so embarrassing!" Sakiko exclaimed. "I couldn't even face him after that...,"

The founders of the Black Dragon would often meet at the Sano place. Satohiko and Takeomi would bring their siblings along to play with Mikey and Baji. So, naturally, Sakiko befriended the founder, even though they were ten years older than her. To her, they were extra older brothers. Except for one. Imauchi Wakasa. He was incredibly beautiful and cool. And he had always been kind to her. So Sakiko developed a crush on him. Each time Satohiko would bring her along to visit the Sano family, Sakiko would ask if Wakasa would be there. And if he was, she would be every more cheery. To the founders, it was obvious the little girl had a crush on Wakasa. It amused them though one day, Shinichiro slipped and mentioned it in front of both Sakiko and Wakasa. After that, the Yamashita would be too embarrassed to even glance at him, though Wakasa was amused. He would tease her from time to time, carrying her in his arms or kissing her hair. He was flattered that the little girl liked him but that was all.

"I was so jealous that time," Mikey chuckled, nostalgic. But Sakiko looked at him, taken aback. "I was the closest to you. And I wanted to stay number 1. That's why when you were with Waka, I would always step in. That was so messy," he laughed again.

One time, after playing so much with Mikey, Baji, Haruchiyo, and Senju, Sakiko stayed with the founders in the living room, resting. She would usually sit next to her brother but that time Wakasa sat her on his lap. The little girl was embarrassed yet joyfully at the same time. She like spending time with Wakasa, no matter how little those moments were. But seeing that, Mikey threw a pillow to Wakasa's face and grabbed Sakiko's hand, running away with her. They sat in the garden with the other, talking. Mikey pretested that he didn't want her to feel left out. She believed it, but to the founders, the little boy's intentions and feelings were clear. After that, Wakasa loved to tease the little boy by was being even more affectionate with Sakiko who, being a child infatuated by her crush, was completely oblivious.

But thinking back on the past now, Sakiko realized how those little actions of Mikey were frequent. He was really jealous of Wakasa but never admit it. It was adorable.

"I was already in love with you then," Mikey smiled. "I don't know when I fell in love with you. But I know that at that time, I was already in love with you,"

A soft smile appeared on Sakiko's lips. She felt incredibly spoiled and lucky.

"Why did you never confess before?" she asked, curious.

"You already knew I care for you so I thought it was enough,"

"What changed?"

"Ken-chin said someone could take you away," Mikey pouted, hating the idea. Sakiko only chuckled and kissed his puffed cheek. A broad smile appeared on Mikey's lips as he looked at her with deep and pure love. "There's always been something between us. I took it for granted, thinking we would be together forever just like that. But to keep something we care for longer, we must take good care of it. I wanna take care of you because I love you. So might as well make it official,"