Chapter 38

Two kids, a blond boy and a brunette girl, were laying down on the fresh grass of a summer day. The bright light of the sun was shining on them as they leisured on their favourite spot, the slope by the river. The girl was holding a star charm, admiring it with a soft smile despite backlight.

"Why do you keep it?" Mikey asked, tilting his head to the side. The charm was slightly losing its golden color with the tips of the branches being stratched. "It's old. Aren't you scared to lose it?"

Sakiko shook her head left to right, keeping her eyes on the charm.

"Mama and papa gave it to me last year," she gently smiled. Upon hearing that, Mikey glanced at her. Just by these words, he knew this charm meant a lot to her. "It's my lucky charm. Mama said I could do anything as long as I have it with me,"

"Does it work?" Mikey asked, seemingly interested.

"No," Sakiko chuckled, surprising him. "I can't do much since the accident, you know. So it doesn't work. But I still keep it because it's a gift from mama and papa,"

"Well, I'm sure it has protected you since you got it," Mikey said. "And it will realize all your wishes!"

"It's not a magic lamp, Mikey," Sakiko laughed, looking at him.

But the boy pouted and sat up.

"It could be! Look!" He exclaimed.

He took charm in his hands, surprising the girl, and closed his eyes as he held it tightly. Sakiko slightly frowned, wondering what her friend was doing and sat up. Mikey seemed to be in a very strong concentration, closing his eyes shut.

"What are you doing?" Sakiko asked, tilting her head to the side.

"I'm wishing for you to become a super famous singer!" He broadly smiled, looking at her.

"But Mikey, I-"

"I will be in the crowd watching!" He continued, not letting her the time to talk. He knew what she going to say, but he was not agreeing. To him, Sakiko could do anything she want. That was his wish. "You'll have loads of fans but I will be your number one fan because I'll always be the one who loves you the most! You'll see Saki-chin, my wish will come true because I held your charm,"

Sakiko stared at Mikey for a short while. Her heart was suddenly filled with an incredible soften and adoration for him. He was always so kind and so supportive of her. He made her feel normal despite her condition.

"Would it come true if you tell me your wish?" She teased.

"Uh... yes!" Mikey nodded. "Aladdin always says his wishes and they come true!"

Sakiko laughed at his adorable behaviour. He was so sweet and cute.

"Will you really be there in the crowd?" She asked with a tiny voice, hopeful. It was her dream to become a singer. But if Mikey was to be there, it would be even better.

"Of course!" He grinned, eyes closed. "I'll never leave you, Saki-chin!"

The smile on Sakiko's lips widened as her eyes twinkled.

"I'll never leave you too, Mikey-kun!"

"Promised?"

"Promised!"