Chapter 12

A/N: the October timeline of Tokyo Revengers will slightly be different. Also, manga spoilers are ahead.

The sky was dark when Sakiko left her house, a backpack hanging from her shoulder. The stars were shining bright in the black sky as she walked in direction of the Sano house. She, Hinata, and Emma had planned a sleepover. Months had passed and October was already there. Though the memory got from this dreadful night was this quite present. Something vivid images of the fights and anxiety would flash in her head. So after everything that happened, they all needed to chill and relax. That was why Emma offered to both Hinata and Sakiko to sleep over at her house. Of course, they accepted. It had been a while since Sakiko hadn't done a sleepover. But she remembered it to be a lot of fun. When she was twelve, Sakiko invited Emma to sleep over at her house. They stopped with time for no particular reason.

Sakiko was walking in the empty streets. She texted Emma that she would soon arrive. She was just a few blocks away. Heading to the Sano, house Sakiko slowed down a bit as she saw someone leaning on a wall on the street that was leading to Emma's house. Sakiko slightly frowned as she got closer.

"Baji-kun?" She quietly called.

The long-haired boy looked over at her, surprised to see her there. Sakiko tilted her head to the side, confused to see the boy here. Did he come to visit Mikey? Though she heard they got in an argument after the battle of August 3rd. Did he come to clarify things?

"What are you-" Sakiko was about to ask but Baji brought if finger to his lips, indicating for her to shush.

Sakiko frowned even more, completely confused. That was when she heard a voice coming from the front door of the Sano house.

"Huh? What should I do that?" Mikey asked.

Sakiko discreetly peaked at the Sano house. Mikey was talking to a tanned boy with glasses and blond hair. Sakiko frowned, not recognizing him. The brown-haired girl hid back with Baji and looked back at him. His face was serious yet quite angry and mad. What was going on? Who was that boy with Mikey? And why was Baji so irritated by the situation?

"I can be useful to you," the other boy said.

"How?" Mikey repeated. He seemed not surprised but not impressed either. He was on his guard.

"Leave that to me," the boy said.

Sakiko glanced back at Baji. He was deep in his thought but it was clear he was not liking the situation. But what was going on? Was did that boy tell Mikey? What did he want? Why did Baji seem to not like him? Was he dangerous? Was he an enemy? Could we trust him?

Baji leaned out of the wall and walked away.

"Baji-kun," Sakiko quietly called not to attract the two other boys' attention. "Who's that guy with Mikey?"

Baji kept quiet for a moment, which intrigued Sakiko even more. He then turned to face the Yamashita girl. She slightly frowned seeing how serious he was. There was no ounce of his usual playfulness. His eyes were serious, sharp.

"Saki," Baji said. "Don't befriend Tetta Kisaki,"

Sakiko stared at Baji for a few seconds, taken aback.  Was it the name of that boy? Why would she befriend him? And why should she not befriend him?

"Why? Is he dangerous?" She asked. Baji only slightly smiled and gently patted her head.

"Don't worry about it," he reassured. He did not let her the time to say anything back. He just turned away and left.

Sakiko looked at his figure disappearing away. It was strange, Baji seemed a bit different. As if he had something in mind and couldn't say it. She hoped he wouldn't do anything stupid. Baji tended to be quite reckless for his own good. Especially when it was to protect what he cared for. He didn't mind fighting on his own if it meant keeping his friends safe. Sakiko hated that as in the end, he would always end up hurt. Which she didn't like.