Chapter 27

MEMORY

A brunette girl was skipping in the mall, a joyous smile on her lips. She was looking around, observing what was on display. It was the first time she was allowed to go out without her brother with her. Usually, Satohiko would never let her out if he was not there. It was understanding, Sakiko was still just a young. And with her condition, he was even more protective. But if she had another protector with her, he saw no reason not to allow her.

"Sei-kun, look at these heels!" Sakiko explained, gawking at a pair of very sophisticated platform heels. The color was of a very vibrant red. "They would look good on you, don't you think?"

"Hm? Platform? It'd be too heavy," Seishu said.

"Yeah but if you wanna step on people it'd be practical," Sakiko reasoned, though it surprised Seishu quite a bit. She was not the one talking about hurting others usually. "And it would be good for kicking too,"

"You're spending way too much time with the Black Dragons," Seishu chuckled.

"Ah, you think?" Sakiko laughed. "Come on, let's see what they have,"

Sakiko dragged Seishu into the shoe shop and headed to the heel section. They would observe all the shoes and comment on how practical they would be. Sakiko would propose shoes with higher or smaller heels and Seishu would try them. Inupi liked to wear heels to feel taller. It made him feel more confident. Some people found it weird though Sakiko thought it was cool. And it looked incredibly amazing on him. So when Seishu asked her to go to the mall with him to look for a new pair of heels, she immediately accepted. Seishu was glad as well, it was the first time he got to talk about something he liked with someone other than Koko. And it was very pleasing.

Eventually, Seishu bought a new pair of heels and they left the shop.

"If I ask to join the Black Dragons, do you think they'll let me?" Sakiko asked.

"You wanna join the gang?"

"Yeah, so you wouldn't be alone there," Sakiko smiled.

"Sato-kun will never let you," Seishu said.

"Yeah, but you're there so maybe he would?"

"You're too optimistic," Seishu said, patting her head. Sakiko only rolled her eyes.

"You know, it's the first time I go out with a friend," Sakiko said. "Outside of the neighborhood, I mean. Nii-chan trust you. Though it's a little offending that he thinks I need a babysitter,".

A chuckle left Seishu's lips. It boosted his pride and ego to know that Satohiko, the vice-leader of the first-gen Black Dragon trusted him. But it was funnier to think he saw him as a babysitter. Some would take offence in that, but Seishu would rather see the positivity of the thing.

"Well, let's see it that way; you're the queen and I'm the shield," Seishu said, causing Sakiko to chuckle.

"No, let's put it that way; we're each other's shield," Sakiko smiled. "We will be watching out for each other,"

"Like Sherlock and Dr. Watson?" Seishu joked.

"Yeah, like Sherlock and Dr. Watson!" Sakiko agreed.

PRESENT

The sky was grey, covered with thick clouds. The summer weather was long gone and the heat had left for the cold to settle. Tokyo had now become blander and less lively. It was quite pressuring and oppressing, not really mood-boosting. It was quite reflective of the situation for a handful of people. While most people were going on with their lives, focusing on school or their jobs, some people had issues more bothersome to handle. Issues could lead to a far worse future for a lot of people.