Chapter 32

"Even the bell chimes to bless my victory on this holy night!" Taiju cheered as Mikey lay on the ground, not moving. "I've defeated the invincible Mikey!"

Sakiko was frozen. She couldn't move. She couldn't feel. Her entire body felt numb. The so intense pain just disappeared and gave it to emptiness as she watched Mikey lying on the floor. Her heart stopped, her lungs ceased to function, and her brain turned off. Everything was bland. She couldn't hear Taiju's laugh, she couldn't feel Inupi's hand on her shoulder. All she saw was Mikey's lying on the floor. All she could hear was the silence of his voice. All she could feel was her heart sinking, her soul breaking, and this dreadful fear and sickening anxiety growing bigger and bigger and bickering. The pain she now felt was nothing compared to what she had felt for the past few hours, nor for the past few weeks. Mikey lay down on the floor, not moving as tears fell down Sakiko's face. She could not lose him. She couldn't. It wasn't supposed to be like that. He couldn't leave. What she was supposed to do without him? How was she supposed to go one without him? Without seeing his smile? Without hearing his laugh? Without feeling his hugs? He couldn't leave. He couldn't.

"Taiju, you fucker!!" Mitsuya erupted in rage. "You're dead!"

The captain of the second division was about to dash to the leader of the Black Dragon, ready to end it all with him.

But he stopped.

A wave of relief washed over Sakiko. Of course, he wouldn't be this easy to defeat. Although, Mikey looked different. It was not because of his bruised cheek. Nor because of the blood trickling down the corner of his lip. Something was different. His dark eyes were dilates, looking utterly empty. His face was calm and blank, though he exuded fear and anger. The pression Mikey radiated was crushing, oppressing. It was so heavy everyone in the church felt like they were pressed against the cold floor. There was only darkness coming him.

"Prayer time's over," Mikey said in a calm yet threatening voice. It was like the calm before the storm.

Taiju only smirked in return, not aware of what was about to happen. He thought he finally found something worth his strength, but he was far from reality. No one could match Mikey.

"I just hit you with the best punch I've thrown today," the leader of the Black Dragon mused. "Guess it'll take more than one hit to shut you up,"

"This hit I took from you was me punishing myself," Mikey said, slowly walking toward Taiju. "You're said you're the one who hurt Saki-chin, right?"

"And what about it?" Taiju provoked. "She stood on my way and anyone who stand on my way should be killed,"

"Killed?" Mikey coldly repeated. "You wanted to kill Saki-chin?"

Sakiko hardly gulped as she watched the boy she loved so dearly walking lightly, slightly swaying as if his body weighted nothing. As if he was in a trance. Sakiko knew something was wrong. Mikey looked different. Mikey was different. Despite the emptiness of his eyes, she could feel the anger coming from him. She could feel the disaster. It was not the Mikey she knew. It was his darkness side. The one he dreaded himself.

And then Taiju was on the floor.

It happened so fast no one had the time to even comprehend what had happened. Taiju had looked down on Mikey, looking confident and arrogant. He wondered how such a small and frail looking boy could be so strong half of Tokyo feared him. He emanated nothing but bizarre emptiness.

Underestimating him was Taiju's biggest mistake.

Before he could prepare his next move, Taiju felt a stricking pain on his head. Mikey had jumped and his foot had flown through the air in 'swooch', hitting Taiju's visage. Everyone widened their eyes as they watched, dumbstrucked, Taiju's massive body colliding with the floor. The man the first and second division reunited struggled to defeat, to even just punch, was defeated in a blink of an eye. With only one kick. The leader of the 10th generation Black Dragons was beaten, laying on the ground as Mikey looked down at him.