Chapter 14

"Baji-kun left Toman?!" Sakiko exclaimed, more than shock.

A few students looked at her as they walked past Chifuyu and her. But she didn't care. What Chifuyu just told her was way too big and unexpected.

It was the break in the morning. Sakiko was sitting in the classroom when Chifuyu came and asked to talk to her. Seeing how serious and troubled he was, Sakiko knew something was up. They walked until they got in the garden of the school where they sat on a bench. Then Chifuyu told her the big bad and unexpected news.

"Yeah...," Chifuyu sighed as he remembered the events. "Yesterday night, at the meeting, he said he was leaving to join Valhalla,"

Even Chifuyu did not see that coming. And God knew how Chifuyu and Baji were close even though the First Division Captain would never admit it. Chifuyu looked up to Baji and admired him, but more than that, they were friends.

"Isn't that the gang Toman will fight against?" Sakiko asked and Chifuyu nodded. "Why would he join them? After what they try to do to Ken-chin,"

During the battle of August 3rd that took place two months ago or so, Hanma - the Leader of the Moebius group of that day - announced the creation of a new gang named Valhalla. It was presented as the enemy of Toman so since then, both Toman and Valhalla were bound to fight and settle their score. During the event, it was decided they would fight on October 31st. At first, Sakiko was not really worried knowing how strong Toman was. But now that Baji joined Valhalla, Toman's enemy, what would happen? Mikey would fight Baji... Toman would fight Baji... She would have never seen that coming. And if someone would have warned her about it, she would have laughed. If Toman was even created, it was all because of Baji. So for Baji to leave...

"Who knows...," Chifuyu quietly said. He was deep in his thought, reminiscing or thinking. "Kisaki joining us, Takemitchy punching him, and Baji-san leaving... what the hell...,"

Sakiko abruptly looked at him.

"What did you say?" she asked, eyes wide.

"Huh?"

"Tetta Kisaki joined Toman?"

"You know him?" Chifuyu asked, surprised. She was not there at the meeting and seeing how she was surprised finding out about Baji's departure, no one obviously told her beforehand so how would she know Kisaki.

"By name only...," Sakiko thoughtfully said.

Her mind automatically wandered back to the night she met Baji in front of the Sano house and the moment she briefly met Kisaki. Was it why he was there? Did Kisaki ask Mikey to be part of Toman?

"Anyway, he joined Toman. And not only that, Mikey promoted him as the Third Division Captain,"

Sakiko froze a moment, completely shocked. She only stared at Chifuyu, looking for some sign of lie or jokes. But the Matsuno boy was completely serious.

"He... what...?" Sakiko managed to say. "Why would he...,"

Why would Mikey do that? He didn't know him yet he gave him the command of a whole team? He never even proved himself yet. She knew Mikey barely even trusted him. How could he trust someone he just met? What did Kisaki say for Mikey to promote him Third Team Captain when he just arrived? Something was up.

"You're not the only one wondering, Saki," Chifuyu sighed, visibly frustrated by how things turned out within the gang. "He was part of Moebius. I don't understand why the boss gave him the command of the Third Team,"

"Mikey-kun has his reasons. We should trust him," Sakiko said.

Chifuyu could do nothing but agree. Mikey was Toman's boss and he vowed him the greatest respect. And most of all, he trusted him. There was no doubt on that. Thought, he clearly did not trust Kisaki. And Sakiko had to admit, she was quite wary of the new Third Team Captain. Especially after what Baji told her.