Chapter 5

An eleven years old boy pushed over the garage door in the Sano property. He peeked inside to see his older brother.

"Aniki," Mikey called, stepping into Shinichiro's garage.

The oldest Sano boy was working on his bike. Hearing his brother coming, Shinichiro looked over at the door and smiled seeing his younger blond brother. Mikey was in his pajamas, his hair not combed at all. He seemed to have just left his bed.

"Why do you confess to girls?" Mikey suddenly asked.

Shinichiro was quite taken aback hearing such a question, so much he almost dropped his cigarette. Especially since it came from Sano Manjiro. The oldest Sano didn't even know the blond boy was interested in such a matter.

"Huh? Because I like them, dummy," Shinichiro chuckled. But it seemed that Mikey was still not very much convinced. He frowned, looking confused.

"Why don't you confess to Waka and the others then?" Mikey tilted his head to the side. "You like them, don't you?"

"That's different, Mikey," Shinichiro chuckled. He had to admit, his younger brother looked incredibly adorable looking so confused. Though he would have never thought he would ever have this kind of conversation with him. "I like them as friends,"

"I don't understand," Mikey pouted, confused.

"Come here," Shinichiro smiled as he gestured to his brother to sit beside him. Mikey obliged. "There are different types of love. The one you vow to your family, the one you vow to your friends, and the one you vow to the person you're willing to spend the rest of your life with. And all these types of love are different,"

"Why is the last one only vowed to one person?" Mikey asked, interested.

"Well it depends on people, I guess," Shinichiro laughed. "I can only love one person at a time,"

But by Mikey's face, Shinichiro knew he did not understand anything. Maybe it was too soon to explain to him the other types of love that existed. He should stick with the three major ones.

"Anyway," the oldest Sano said. "The last one is a special type of love. It's a strong bond that links you to someone else. And that someone else brings out the best in you. And you loved them so much you want them to always be with you. It's nothing like family love or friendly love,"

Shinichiro didn't really know how to explain romantic love to a child. He didn't want to dwell on the graphic thinks nor to use too complex words or Mikey would not understand the slightest things. And he could not use examples either as he had none. None of his friends was dating and he was not himself very popular. And as their parents were dead, Mikey had not grown with any display of romantic love between two people.

"Why those questions, Manjiro?"

"Hm? Was just wondering," Mikey said, looking away and acting unbothered.

Though if he came to ask his brother, it was because his mind had been plagued with a certain Yamashita girl lately. So he needed answers and who better to ask than his super older brother?

But Shinichiro knew better than that. He knew his brother very well. And he was only interested in fights. Not interested in girls at all. Except for one.

"Is it about Saki-chan?" Shinichiro teased. But Mikey said nothing, too lost in his thoughts.

"How do you confess to someone?" Mikey suddenly asked.

Shinichiro blinked a few times, trying to process what his younger brother had just asked him. He then dramatically gasped, attracting his brother's attention. Shinichiro had clasped both of his hands over to his mouth.