Chapter 21

Mikey pulled the cover over Sakiko's sleeping body. He just brought her home.

The whole gang was outside the abandoned building, guarding the place. The Captains and Vice-Captains were about to head to the rooftop when Draken and Takemichi exited the building. Needless was to specify how relieved everyone was when they saw Sakiko safe on Mikey's back. But the relief was quickly replaced by anger and madness when Draken told them Valhalla was behind all of this.

Mikey brought Sakiko home immediately after and she fell asleep on the way. After such an event night, she deserved to rest. Though, Mikey still had one challenge to face: Satohiko. The oldest sibling of the Yamashita family already warned Mikey about protecting Sakiko a month prior. And now, she almost died. The Sano boy didn't really know how Satohiko would react hearing that.

Of course, when Mikey showed up with a sleeping Sakiko on his back, both Satohiko and Sumiko freaked out. Mikey played it cool, saying they ran into each other and lost track of time. He said that mostly to reassure Sumiko. He knew Satohiko didn't buy the lie.

After making sure Sakiko was alright, Mikey walked down the stairs and headed to the kitchen where Satohiko was. He was putting the dishes in the refrigerator. Mikey recognized all the favorite dishes of Sakiko. He guessed her sibling cook them all for her. It reminded him of Shinichiro. He would do that for him and Emma when they were younger.

Hearing footsteps, Satohiko turned. He put the last plate in the fridge and fully faced Mikey. He knew something was up. Buying was not suppose to take this much time and even if Sakiko ideen ran into Mikey on the way, she would have still answered his texts and calls. So it was very obvious that something had happened. Somehow the kids where not very keen to tell Satohiko.

"Ok. What the hell happened?" the oldest Yamashita said. He didn't want to beat around the bush. He had been waiting anxiously enough. "And don't even fucking lie. Draken tried, didn't work,"

Draken indeed warned Mikey about it. He told him he tried to reassure Satohiko as much as he could, but it was quite hard as Satohiko was no dumb man. He could read between the line and had good instincts. He had been in a gang too, he knew how it worked. But most of all, he had been around them a long time. So he knew how they worked.

So Mikey sighed. He had thought quite a lot about what to tell the oldest Yamashita sibling. He did not want to worry him. Though, it was verry obvious that there was no need to lie. Satohiko was not oblivious. Besides, he deserved to know. However, Mikey knew Satohiko would be extremely mad, especially after he had already warned him about getting Sakiko in dangerous situations. The Sano boy was pretty convinced Satohiko would not be very supportive of him and Sakiko after that. Mikey wouldn't blame him though. He knew that just by being around him was dangerous for Sakiko. People could target her to get to him. And it just happened. Yet, Mikey couldn't fathom the thought of Sakiko not being in his life. He felt selfish. Selfish to keep her in his life when it was dangerous for her. But he loved her. So much.

"Saki-chin... almost died,"

Silence. Pure silence.

Satohiko said nothing. But his heart sank deep inside him. His breath got caught in his throat and a cold shiver ran down his spine. All he could do was stare at Mikey, hoping to find any hint of lie or falseness or of sick joke. But Mikey was serious. Which was making it worse. Was he serious? Was he really serious? Sakiko almost died? His sister? What had happened? How did that happen? Why did that happen? How could that happened? And to think he had no idea what was going on... again he had almost failed. He had almost lost his sister again. And again he was not there. Not there to protect her.

Uneasiness and dread were all over the blond boy's face. Reviving the events, Mikey was still shaken. The image of Sakiko falling, of her face full of tears, of the slight moment he had thought he would never see her smile ever again. He wished to never come so close to losing her ever again. Never in his life he had been this scared.