Chapter 2

The classroom was practically empty as most of the students left for lunch. Only those who brought their own bento or bought snacks at the cafeteria ate in the class. The majority of the students that stayed were gathered at the front of the class. Not because it was the best spot but purely because they did not want to risk upsetting two certain blond boys who loved to leisure at the back of the class. Knowing their reputation and deadly strength, they knew better than to cross them. Especially the one with hair half tied.

"I wanna see Saki-chiiiin," Mikey whined for the nth time, half laying on his desk.

He still hadn't touched his lunch, which was something not usual. Lunchtime was the only time Mikey would be up during a school day and it was for the sole reason to eat (obviously). Other than that, all he did was sleep. And he still managed to pass his year every time.

Though this day was a bit different. This time, he was sleeping in class. He was not paying attention to the teacher's lecture either. But he was lost in his thought, reminiscing the last few days. Or more exactly, the lack of the presence of the person he cared the most for the past few days. He couldn't help but wonder why Sakiko always had something to do when he wanted to see her. And she wouldn't tell him why. It worried him quite a lot, thinking that she didn't want to see him or that she did not like him anymore. Or maybe it was her heart? Maybe she had consultations with her doctor? What if her health worsened? Was it bad? Was she in immediate danger? Was he going to lose her?

"Then just go see her, dumbass," Draken sighed, done from hearing the same complaint over and over again for days. Every once in a while, Mikey would voice his complaints about not seeing Sakiko enough. And it had been going on for days, which started to get on the poor Draken's nerves.

"But she doesn't want to see me...," the blond boy pouted.

"What makes you say that?" Draken asked, frowning. It was very unlikely to the Ryuguji boy that Sakiko would dislike anything about Mikey. Besides Baji, the Yamashita girl was the one who had been friends with the Sano boy the longest. And she had stuck on his side ever since. If she disliked Mikey, she would have left long ago. But she stayed and put up with his craziness. "You're like... her favorite person in the world,"  he added, munching on his food.

"You really think so?" Mikey asked, eyes sparkling with hope. He liked to think he was the closest to Sakiko. So hearing it for someone else confirmed his thoughts. "But she's been avoiding me lately...,"

"She's been busy, it's different," Draken said. "You know she's more studious than us,"

"Baji said she's barely staying after school though,"

"Are you seriously spying on her?!" Draken exclaimed, dumbfounded.

"I just asked him how she was doing at school, that's not spying," Mikey pouted, though Draken was not entirely convinced. Though he was well aware of how much Mikey was fond of the Yamashita girl. So he was not really surprised. "I hope she'll come to the gathering tonight,"

"You asked her to come?"

"I asked Baji to ask her,"

"You can't be serious...," Draken sighed.

"Anyway," Mikey puffed his cheeks.

It was enough for Draken to understand that the conversation was over. The Commander of Tokyo Manji Kai finally started eating his food as the Second of Toman told him the recent news regarding the gang. Apparently, the small unit from Shibu 3 got new slaves and Mikey did not like that at all. It was not the type of delinquent he wanted to be. It was not the kind of era he wanted to set. He wanted to restore the image of the delinquents, he wanted a gang like his brother's gang. Upright people fighting to protect the one they cared for, not tyrannical rascals that abused their powers. That was not the type of man he wanted to become.