Chapter 25

Music was booming in the background as the entire set of skittle collapsed when the purple bowling ball knock them away. A tall boy with dark hair shaved short cheered at his strike. Sakiko smiled watching Hakkai celebrating his win as his sister, Yuzuha, took a few pictures of him. It was always like this between them, Hakkai would enjoy himself and Yuzuha would hype him up. Or scold him. There was no in-between.

Sakiko drank her soda as she watched the tallboy roll the ball to the skittle again. Hakkai was a very tall boy, quite handsome and carefree. He was not resembling Yuzuha whose hair was light bright. She was much smaller. At first sight, she didn't seem to be his older sister.

It had been a while they hadn't seen each other. Yuzuha and Sakiko were in the same class for two years in a row in elementary school. After meeting Mikey, Yuzuha was the first friend Sakiko made by herself (outside Mikey's circle of friends). They got along well and always stuck by each other side in school. Naturally, Sakiko ended up meeting Hakkai. It was a fun surprise to find out he was already friends with Mitsuya who she was also friends with. Sadly, Yuzuha, Hakkai, and Sakiko did not apply to the same middle school.

Despite being in the same gang, with everything that happened, she hadn't seen Hakkai a lot. And as Yuzuha was not part of Toman, they weren't seeing each other as much as her brother and Sakiko. And since October 31st, Sakiko was not going out as much as before. Most of her time was spent in her house. The only times she accepted to go out was with Mikey. But lately, her head was deceiving her. Her dreams - if she could call them dreams - were disturbing her. So she needed to escape this prison that was her head. Yuzuha's offer to hang out appeared at the right moment.

"It's been a while we haven't hung out together," Sakiko smiled.

"Yeah, finals are coming up so I've been busy," Yuzuha said, apologetically. "Though all Hakkai did was hang out with Mitsuya," she added with a pout. Sakiko chuckled as Hakkai frowned.

"I'm the vice-cap, I don't have a choice!" he defended.

"Lies, you just adore him," Sakiko laughed. A blush appeared on his cheek as he just turned back to the bowling balls. He said nothing. Because he knew Sakiko was right.

"Seems he likes him more than his own sister," Yuzuha pouted, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Don't say shit, Yuzu," Hakkai reassured. "You're my sis, you'll always be number one,"

But while Hakkai expected his sister to cheer up, Yuzuha scoffed. She then leaned over to Sakiko.

"He's only saying that because you're here. He doesn't want to look bad," Yuzuha whispered to Sakiko who burst out in laughter.

"Oi! I heard that!" Hakkai exclaimed, his blush even deeper. Now he was really embarrassed.

Though, the boy quickly went back to collapsing skittles. Not because he was there for that in the first place, but to escape the tease of his sister and the embarrassment that was growing stronger inside him. Yuzuha was munching on the BBQ chips she and Hakkai bought. They actually bought a lot of snacks of different sorts. But Sakiko was not hungry.

The light brown girl was observing the Yamashita girl. A slight frown appeared on Yuzuha's face.

"How have you been feeling lately?" Yuzuha asked, looking at her friends.

Sakiko moved her eyes to the light brunette girl.

"Is that why you ask me to come?" Sakiko pouted.

"I just wondered," Yuzuha held her in in surrender. "I really wanted to hang out with you. But it would be a lie saying I don't worry about you. Losing someone you cared for is never easy,"