Chapter 24

"I'll beat you all, you fuckers!" a young boy with black hair shouted.

His face was all bruised. Blood was dripping from his eyebrow and from the corner of his mouth. Though, his state was nothing compared to the many other boys lying on the floor, groaning of pain. They were barely recognizable, their face being all swallowed and beaten.

"Y'all were dumb thinking you could take the Captain of the First Division of Toman!" Baji shouted, pulling his middle finger up.

The two last opponents grunted in frustration and anger. They had let their ambition and confidence take over them too much. Toman was indeed a fairly new gang but that did not mean they were weak. After all, they were the ones who defeated the ninth generation of the Black Dragon. But that detail seemed to have been lost in the abyss. Shion Madarame was not the strongest among all the leaders of the Black Dragon, but he was no weak man either. If Toman managed to beat him, that meant they were no weak men either. A piece of information the rascal of the neighborhood seemed to have forgotten.

"You can brag all you want, you're tired. We can take you down," one of the boys said.

Baji only scoffed and got into a defensive state. Though he had to admit, he was indeed tired. He could feel his lungs burning hot. His throat was so dry it was hurting. Yet, there was no way he would give up. He would not let Toman down.

The two enemies got into an offensive stance, ready to attack.

"Baji-kun!"

Baji looked behind him. His eyes widened as he saw a brunette girl running toward him. Her face was full of worry as she rushed to his side. Though, it was really not the right moment to show up. Two enemies of Toman were still there. It was too dangerous for her.

"What are you doing here, Saki?" Baji asked, quite confused about her sudden appearance.

"I should be asking you that!" she scolded, putting her hands on her hips. "We've been waiting for you to show up at Mikey's place!"

"I'm kinda busy if you hadn't noticed," he scoffed, facing his two opponents again and pushing her behind him to protect her.

Sakiko puffed her cheeks. Baji was obviously tired. He had fought a whole group of boys all by himself. Though Sakiko was not surprised. Every Toman top executive could take down a whole division just by themselves. But that came with prices. Fatigue and injuries.

So, Sakiko stepped in front of Baji.

"What are you doing?" Baji asked, confused.

"Don't worry Baji-kun, I'll fight them!" Sakiko said, determination clear in her voice.

"What?" was all he could say.

"You must be kidding!" one of the boys mocked as the other only burst into laughter.

"I'm dead serious!"

"Oi, Saki! Don't say shit! You can't fight!" Baji stressed.

"I don't mind beating girls," the other boy said, after calming down. The two opponents were smiling, wickedly at the young girl.

"Let me fight! I'm fine, it will be over in a few!" Baji blurted out, taking hold of Sakiko's wrist.

But the Yamashita girl only gently removed his hand from her wrist and smiled at him.

"This time, I will be the one protecting Baji-kun," she said. "So don't you worry, okay,"

"Saki-"