Chapter 36

It was morning when Sakiko left her house. The wind was fresh, carrying the scent of flowers as she walked under the blue sky. The Yamashita girl was heading to the Sano house. Just like she had asked Mikey, he had summoned both Draken and Takemichi to his house for a private meeting. She guessed that they must have been quite surprised to hear that from Mikey, especially the fact that she requested a meeting. It was not often or even usual for her to ask such a thing. She was not really involved in intern management and the politics of the gang. So as rare as it was, if she asked for a meeting only with the two closest friends of Mikey, then they knew it was something serious.

On the other hand, Sakiko did not really know how to tackle the subject, let alone how to tell Mikey he had another brother. That was not something easy to tell something. She even wondered if she should tell him. It was not really her place to do so. If Emma or Shinichiro hadn't told him, they must have their reasons. Besides, this was an issue within the Sano family. Was she intruding too much? But this information might play a huge part in the upcoming fight. And it affected the whole gang. She could not just keep it for herself. Especially since it might be the reason why Tenjiku was even attacking Toman.

Sakiko sighed as she stepped into the Sano property. There no going back anymore anyway. She had already told Mikey she had something to tell him and Draken and Takemichi must already be there anyway.

Arriving in front of Mikey's room, Sakiko knocked and peeked inside. Takemichi sat on the floor, talking with Mikey who was on the couch while Draken was doing his hair. A soft smile reached her lips as she watched them. It always warmed her heart seeing them doing normal teenage stuff.

"Hi," Sakiko smiled as she stepped into the room. The three boys turned their gazes to her. A broad smile immediately garnished Mikey's lips as his eyes caught sight of his girlfriend.

"Saki-chin, you're here!" He beamed, excitedly waving at her. "Hi!"

"Stop moving Mikey!" Draken hissed, pulling on his hair to keep the Sano boy in place.

Both Takemichi and Sakiko chuckled at them as the Yamashita girl went to sit on the floor with her bleached-blond friend.

"How was the meeting with the doc?" Draken asked.

Once again, all the eyes turned to her. Both Mikey and Takemichi looked quite stressed. But Sakiko curled her lips up, smiling widely, eyes closed. She was literally exuding light.

"My heart transplant is expected to happen this month," she beamed.

"Seriously?!" Mikey widened his eyes, full of joy.

"No joke?!" Draken almost dropped the comb.

"For real?!" Takemichi exclaimed.

"Yeah," she chuckled. "Dr. Nakazawa is confident," she added.

Now it was Mikey's turn to exude light. Smiling ear to ear as if he had eaten dorayaki, he was swinging his body left to right. He had been on this journey with Sakiko since day one. He had seen her evolving. From a joyful little kid running everywhere to a calm and graceful flower who protected her friends from afar. She was forced by her condition to become like that (though she did not really mind). But Mikey knew there were so many things she dreamed of doing. And now she would finally be able to do them all. He couldn't be happier. He had seen her struggle for all these years. And now it would finally end.

"Though," Sakiko said, her voice suddenly so serious. The atmosphere shifted in a nick of time "It's not for this that I wanted to meet you all. I wanted to talk about Izana,"

Draken leaned on the back of the couch Mikey was giving all his attention. Takemichi straightened up a bit, listening carefully. From his very serious gaze, she knew he had information as well. Did he return to the future? What changed? What happened?