Chapter 37

Days passed since the meeting at Mikey's place. Tenjiku and the ongoing conflict had kept bothering Sakiko quite a lot. She knew this conflict was not near the ones they had already faced. And even though Sakiko knew there was nothing she could really do about it, she could not help but stress and think about it. Who knows what could happen to her friends? So even when she tried not to worry about it, she couldn't help but try to figure out what Tenjiku and Kisaki were really up to. If she could understand his plan, she could prevent it from happening. But she had little to work with. It was not an easy task.

She knew Satohiko was also very worried. For Toman - after all, he had known most of them since they were little - but mostly for his sister. He knew she would not fight, though anxiety was still an enemy for Sakiko's weak heart. And he was well aware of the amount of stress his sister was under. He could clearly see it. Sakiko had been paler and looked more tired. She had been getting better, mourning Baji, though, since the beginning of this new conflict, Sakiko's health seemed to be on the line again. It was very bad timing. The heart transplant was expected to happen anytime now.

Satohiko wished to keep his sister away from all of this mess, though he knew it was not something easy to do, borderline impossible. Sakiko was very stubborn, especially when it comes to her friends. Satohiko respected that a lot, mostly because he was the same. Which was also why he was so scared. Satohiko had raised her. He hoped to raise her as a better person than he was. But it seemed, Sakiko ended up like him. He would give his life to save his friends. And Sakiko would do the same. But Satohiko did not want her to do that. He wanted her to live. To have a life of her own.

Sakiko understood her brother's wish. These past few days had been used to thinking. Sakiko was not ignorant of her condition. She felt more tired. She felt tired. And even if the conflict occupied most of her mind, she still felt it. She felt like it was almost the end. She did not know which way. But she knew. And she knew her brother knew. For all these years, he had been there for her. He had sacrificed all he had for her. So Sakiko would like to lift the burden and anxiety off his shoulders at least once in her life. So she had made a decision. She would listen to him.

That was why she was heading to Mikey's house. She did not want to wait too long before telling him. She knew it would only get harder and harder until the moment she would either be forced or give up on the idea. This decision changed her daily life quite a bit, though she knew they could still work it out. Though, she still feared how he would react. She did not want him to misunderstand her. He had already lost a lot, she did not want Mikey to think she was leaving him. She would never. She could not. She could not bare the simple thought of it.

Thanking a deep breath and gathering her strength, she slapped her face to focus. It felt like she was making the biggest decision of her life, while it was something that might be silly actually. Though she had been in since the very beginning. She had been there when it all started. She had been there at every step. It was a big part of her life. A part it was hard to leave behind though, she had to do that to ease her brother.

Walking under the chilly sky of February, Sakiko was heading to the Sano property. She had stopped at a grocery store to buy some tayaki and dorayaki. Eating always eased Mikey and put him in a good mood, which would be easier to break the news to him. However, when she walked past her brother's shop, she saw the lights being on. It was Satohiko's day off, meaning that nobody was supposed to be at the shop. So whoever managed to enter was not her brother.

Taking her set of keys out, Sakiko walked to the back door and silently opened it. She knew it might not be the best idea. After all, in movies, it always ended badly. Though, she still wanted to be sure no one was trying to steal anything.

Steps light and discreet, Sakiko made her way to the motorbike display area. But she froze on her spot as she saw two boys sitting on the floor.

"Sei-kun? Takkun?" She said, surprised.