Chapter 40

The sun was high up in the sky, casting its light over Tokyo. The fresh morning breeze was blowing in the calm and peaceful cemetery. It was not the first time Takemichi visited it, though this time he felt quite nervous. Not because the fight with Tenjiku would happen at any moment, but because he had accepted the title of the 11th generation leader of the Black Dragons. After being beaten up by Mucho the day before and losing Koko to Tenjiku (because he wanted to protect Inupi and Takemichi), Inupi had explained to him the real reason behind his will to join Toman. The ex-Black Dragons member had told him he wanted the Hanagaki boy to become the next Black Dragons leader because only he could bring back the real spirit of the first generation. Hearing that and seeing the sincerity of Inupi, Takemichi accepted. And now, Inupi was introducing the Hanagaki boy officially to Shinichiro, the founder of the gang. It was a big day for Takemichi. He felt nervous, but most of all, he felt honored.

"I will live up to the first gen's name!" Takemichi exclaimed as he bowed to the Sano tombstone. "I will make the Black Dragons the greatest team ever!"

"So the 11th generation is born on the Black Dragons' founding day," they heard. Both Takemichi and Inupi froze. "That's interesting,"

They both turned around to see a boy older than him, his tan skin covered by a red uniform and his ear garnished with earrings. His white hair was moving to the wind as he came to a stop before them.

"So you're Hanagaki Takemichi," the boy said.

Takemichi slightly frowned, looking at the boy. He had no idea who he was though he felt oddly familiar. His face, his earrings, reminded him of someone. But he could say who.

"Izana, you bastard!" Inupi exclaimed.

Then it hit him. He looked familiar because he had already met him before. He had met him in the future. He was the one who ordered Kakucho to kill Naoto. At this simple thought, anger rose in him. He would avenge his friend. He would change the future. He would save everyone.

"Let me go, I'm only here to visit my brother's grave," Izana said. Takemichi was brought back to reality as he realized the situation. Inupi was holding Izana by his collar, his hand fisted and raised, ready to hit the Kurokawa boy. "Now that Kokonoi is with us, I have no interest in you, Inui,"

"You...,"

Inupi was about to hit Izana when another voice rose in the cemetery.

"That's enough, Inupi-kun!"

The first division captain and his subordinate both looked to the side. Their eyes slightly widened as they caught sight of Mikey, and just behind him, Emma. They had expected the Sano to visit Shinichiro, though they must admit, it was very bad timing. All reunited with Izana, things could get out of hand very quickly.

"Visiting the grave with your beloved sister?" Izana mused. Mikey stared at him for a moment before turning to Takemichi.

"Takemitchy," Mikey said, in the greatest seriousness. The Hanagaki boy gulped. He knew that things could go down very quickly. "Take Emma away,"

Takemichi said nothing and only nodded. He and Emma walked out of the cemetery though stayed on the sidewalk where they could keep an eye on the three boys. Takemichi felt a little anxious, not knowing what would happen. It was the first time Mikey was meeting Izana since he knew about their link. And since Koko left for Tenjiku, Inupi had been on the edge. Anything could happen at any moment.

"Do boys do nothing but fight each other?" Emma suddenly asked, catching the attention of the bleached blond boy beside her. "Captain of the Tokyo Manji Kai, the 'invincible Mikey'... Mikey shows nothing but strength in front of everyone, even when his brother died, even when Baji died... No matter what, Mikey will never show his weakness. Not to anyone,"