Chapter 8

Sakiko was waiting in the park. She observed the bright green leaves on the trees and the flowers flying in the vivid blue sky as she waited for Mikey. They had planned to visit Takemichi. Three days had passed since the fight against Moebius. Takemichi got hurt and had to rest and avoid exercising. He was back home and after hearing the news, Sakiko offered to Mikey to visit him. The Sano boy was still on edge due to his argument with Draken. And the situation within the gang was not the best. The Tokyo Manji kai basically split in half. One-half siding with Draken, and the other half siding with Mikey. If it continues this way, Toman would be no more. And despite what he tried to show, Mikey was affected by the situation. So Sakiko wanted to help him relax. And what was better than to visit a friend and spend time with them to brighten up?

She hoped he would relax at least a bit. She hoped both of them would. Sakiko had also been talking to Draken through texts. The past three days, she had spent them with Mikey so she hadn't found the time to visit the Ryuguji boy. She planned on doing it thought. Draken was also her friend. It hurt her seeing them so angry. They were usually so close and in sync. Now it seemed like they were enemies. It broke her heart, she didn't want them not to be friends anymore. Pah-chin was no longer there anymore, it was not the moment to split. It was the moment to stick together and help each other out. But the conflict of opinion between Mikey and Draken seemed so big... Sakiko was scared...

I guess we can forget the festival, she thought.

"Saki-chin!" She heard.

The brown-haired girl looked over the entrance of the park. A smile appeared on her lips as she saw Mikey widely waving at her with a huge smile. She walked over to him and they both headed to Takemichi's house. The way to the Hanagaki's house was shorter than they thought. After a few minutes only, they were already there.

But they froze.

Sakiko gulped, starting to get nervous.

"Huh?" Mikey said, annoyed, as he glared at Draken. "The hell are you doing here?"

The tall blond braided man was just walking out of Takemichi's house. An annoyed scowl appeared on his face as his growing angry eyes landed on the short figure of Mikey.

"What? What the hell are you doing here?" Draken shot back.

Sakiko sighed. So much for trying to calm Mikey down. There was no way they would not argue, or worse, fight. Her growing anxiety was shared by Takemichi who stood confused and panicked at the front door. He was looking nervously back and forth between the two guys.

Draken must have wanted to see how Takemichi was doing after the fight. That was why he was there too. So while Sakiko wanted Mikey to ease up, he only ended working up meeting Draken.

"I came to see how Takemitchy's doing," Mikey said, not moving away. And despite his calm voice and behavior (which was actually quite scary), Sakiko could feel his anger rising. And it was the same for Draken. The bomb was ticking.

"Well, so did I,"

"What? Takemitchy's my friend. Who asked you to butt in. Right, Takemitchy?"

"Huh? What the hell are you talking about? You're friends with me, aren't you Tekemitchy?"

The atmosphere was getting thicker and thicker. The tension was so palpable it could be cut with a knife. Electricity could be felt like the two strongest members of Toman glared deadly daggers at each other.

"Out of my way, beanpole. I can't get by," the vein on Mikey's forehead was beating.

"Huh? You get out of my way, shrimpy," Draken said, getting more and more irritated.