Chapter 39

The soft morning breeze was blowing against Mikey's blond locks. The sun had been up in the sky for just an hour but he was already fully awake. It was not very im characters of him as he was not a morning person at all. He was a heavy sleeper, waking up only past twelve if he was not waken up by his sister for breakfast.

But today was a different day. It was the day he would fight Tenjiku. It was the day he would officially meet his half brother. Kurokawa Izana. Last time he saw him, he was not aware of who he was. But now that he was, it changed a lot of things. Mikey could not possible fight his own blood. He could not possibly fight his own family. It was not possible. And no matter how Izana hated him, Mikey did not care. They were brothers. And brothers don't fight. Shinichiro accepted Izana, so Mikey would do the same. Mikey's mind was set. This conflict would end up with both and Izana walking side by side.

Though he could still not shake the anxiety away. It was not any conflict. It bacame personal. And when feelings where involved, anything could happen. That unexpectedness scared him. Not for his own life, but for the life of the one he loves. He was not worried about Toman losing. Actually, he was very adamant in the fact tht Toman would win. However, he still had this gut feeling. This bad feeling. Something he could not explain. Something that was telling him something bad would happen. But he did not know what. Or to whom.

"Are you alright?" He heard Emma asked.

Turning his head, he saw his little sister walking out of the house and walking towards him. They had planned to visit their brother as they always do every year around that time. Mikey had been waiting for Emma at the gate of tbe Sano house. She wanted to call Sakiko before leaving, informing her she would crash the house later.

Though, Emma now looked a more trouble than he last saw her. Before the call, she was very joyful at the idea to visit her best friend. Though now, she looked a little stressed. Mikey feared something had happened to the girl he was so madly in love with.

"Are you all right?" Mikey asked her, looking at her strangely.

Emma tensed a bit, which did not go unnoticed from Mikey.

"Hmm," Emma fidgeted with her hands.

Mikey slightly frowned as he watched his sister standing awkwardly. She was clearly avoiding his gaze. And Mikey knew his sister. She was out going and was not the awkward and shy type. Especially not with him. Emma was actually quite shameless. So when she was awkward, it meant only one thing. She had messed up something.

"I chatted with Saki-chan over the phone," Emma said. Mikey said nothing and just waited for his sister to finish. "I might have slipped...,"

"What do you mean?" Mikey frowned.

"Like... telling her about something she was not supposed to know?" Emma vaguely said. Though by Mikey's expression growing annoyed, Emma knew he got what she meant.

Mikey had no secret but one from Sakiko so it was easy for him to guess what Emma was talking about. It was a big secret. He just clearly specified to his gang mates not to tell Sakiko about the meeting. Actually, he ordered them not to. After everything that had happened, and after the talk he had with her, Mikey realized he and the gang might rely too much on her. So much that it was taking a toll on her. So he wanted them, but also himself, to ask her help only when it was really needed. He wanted to lift the pressure off of her shoulders.

"Like?" Mikey pressed, wanting confirmation.

"Like about the meeting?" Emma said, her voice going an octave higher.

Mikey sighed.

"And what did you tell her after?"

"Everything...," Emma bashfully admitted. Mikey sighed again. "But to be fair, I didn't know she didn't know! How was I supposed to know that she was not supposed to know! So if anything, it's kinda your fault that it happened,"