Chapter 26

Sakiko was slumping over the bike, watching Shinichiro fixing its motor. Many tools, screws, and motor pieces were lying on the floor. Not far from him was Satohiko, who sat behind a desk doing some paperwork for the shop. Though Shinichiro was focused on the bike, he still managed to listen to the old members of the first generation that came to visit. S.S Motors became a gathering place for the delinquents of the neighborhood. The Black Dragon was a well-known gang. Not because of their strength, but because of the values and beliefs infused by Shinichiro.

"Shin-san, what are you doing here?" Sakiko asked, tilting her head on the side.

"Hm?" Shinichiro looked up at the young girl, confused as well.

"Shouldn't you put this piece first?" she asked, pointing at a small piece that was laying next to the former president of the Black Dragon.

"Eh? Oh! You're right, I forgot!" Shinichiro panicked, picking it up and unscrewing the piece he just put. Sakiko only laughed as she watched him do.

"Unbelievable," Satohiko sighed, shaking his head in disbelief. "Are you really letting a 10yo girl teach you your own work? So lame,"

"Y'all are disturbing me, that's all!" Shinichiro defended, making the whole room burst into laughter.

"Just let Saki take over S.S Motors," a senior joked and a blush of embarrassment appeared on Shinichiro's face.

A few feet away, a blond scarred boy was watching the interaction, curiously. It had been a while he kept coming to the bike shop. Each time he got confused and curious at how Shinichiro was an awkward guy who got embarrassed easily. He was the so well-respected former president of the Black Dragon yet everyone kept poking fun at him. Though, the boy knew Shinichiro enjoyed it. It felt good to reminisce the good old days, even though each time he acted as if he didn't remember. Out of embarrassment or to fool around, the boy didn't know. But the smile on the former president of the gang's lips indicated he was actually quite nostalgic of the day.

The boy's curiosity was also maintained by this brunette girl that was always there. She was a year younger than him and seemed closed to the seniors. From what he had understood, she was Satohiko's younger sister. She was carefree and kind. Very innocent too, which was contrasting with the maturity of the seniors. Yet, they all seemed to enjoy her presence very much.

After a while, Sakiko left the shop for the staff room. She took a plastic bag and filled it with cans of beer. She then took two cans of coke and walked back into the shop. She sat next to Shinichiro on the floor.

"Here!" she handed the Sano man a can of beer.

"Oh, thanks Saki!" Shinichiro smiled and took it. She returned the smile and handed cans to the others seniors.

"You're the best!" they thanked.

"Shouldn't you be starting by you older bro? Why am I last?!" Satohiko complained.

"Come and get it for yourself!" she shot back, making the others laugh. Satohiko glared at her but still stood up and picked up a can of beer before gently patting his sister's head.

Sakiko smiled at him. She then stood up and picked up the two last cans. It was the cans of coke. She walked over to the blond scarred boy.

"Here," she smiled, handing him the can. The boy looked at her for a moment, confused."I'm Yamashita Sakiko, nice to meet you,"

The boy blinked at her for a few seconds. She was wearing a big genuine smile. It was quite welcoming and easing. So he took the can.

"Inui Seishu," he introduced himself.