Chapter 11

A/N: Manga spoilers are ahead.

The sky was bright blue with a shining sun illuminating the busy city of Tokyo. A few days had passed since the battle of August 3rd. Draken was he was still hospitalized but was also slowly recovering from his wound. What mattered was that he was not in danger anymore and that he was still alive. He was already back to his usual state. He should be out in a few days. The doctors wanted to keep an eye on him to make sure he was all right.

Sakiko just got back from the hospital. She visited Draken every day. She didn't care if he would get tired of seeing her, Sakiko wanted to make sure was really alright. After all, he almost died. And the fear and dread she felt that night was still pretty much present. She needed time to really process it was all right.

The Yamashita girl was heading to S.S Motors. Satohiko was working and he forgot his lunch home. So Sakiko was to give it to him. It doesn't happen often. Satohiko was someone really responsible. He became so even more after the death of their parents. As he got full custody of his two sisters, he had to be a father figure and take care of them. He couldn't afford to chill and do as pleased as he used to do. So Satohiko always had his head on his shoulders, never on the moon. But lately, something had been troubling him. And what it was was pretty obvious to Sakiko. He was still shaken by the fact that Sakiko ended up at the hospital after the battle of August 3rd.

The bike shop finally came into view. Sakiko entered from the back door. But she stopped dead in her tracks when she heard voices, one of them belonging to someone she hadn't seen for a long time.

"Aren't you satisfied with the current leader?" Satohiko asked as he worked on a motorbike.

"If we want the spirit of Shinichiro to lead the Black Dragon again, we need you back, Sato-san," a boy said.

Sakiko recognized this voice, and she could not help the smile that appear on her lips to come. It had been a long time since she had not seen him. He used to come often when Shinichiro was still alive. He and other delinquents would come and watch both Shinichiro and Satohiko work on motorbikes while sharing some stories.

"Only you can bring the old Black Dragon back. Taiju's strong, but his views are too far from yours and Shinishiro's," the boy continued.

"You're right. But I've already told you, Inupi," Satohiko said. "I can't come back. I've retired. Being part of a gang, it's the past for me. I've lost too much. I'm won't risk it again,"

Sakiko bit her cheek. She knew very well why he was saying this. Herself. Satohiko never forgave himself for not being there where the accident happened. He never forgave himself for what happened. And the memory of the decision he made would forever live through Sakiko. Now, he feared not being there if something happen to her. That was also the reason why he left the Black Dragons after the accident. But he failed to realize one thing:

"It wasn't your fault, you know," Sakiko said, catching the attention of the two boys. "What happened to mom and dad,"

"Saki?" Satohiko asked, surprised as he turned to face her.

He was crouched down, before a motorbike with a combination wrench in his hand. A few feet behind him, standing straight with hands behind his back like a soldier, was a boy of her age with blond hair and a scar on the left side of his face. He hadn't physically changed with time. His long white coat was stopping at his feet. Though he looked tougher and colder. His aura was sharper, darker, and not the calm warmth it used to be.

"You're eavesdropping now?" Satohiko asked though he had an amused smile on his lips?

"I just arrived," Sakiko blushed, embarrassed. Satohiko only chuckled.