Chapter 28

It still felt quite strange to be back to normality after being threatened by the Black Dragons. The difference was too big. Even more, now that her brother stood before Sakiko. He was making breakfast as Sumiko was still sleeping. For the past few days, the Yamashita girl had kept worrying about the upcoming events. After reporting the events with the Black Dragons, a meeting had been held among the admins. Sakiko did not go as she felt she was not really one. They probably discussed letting Hakkai go or not. And after the Bloody Halloween, Mikey would probably want to avoid another fight. Sakiko shared this thought. She did not want him to go through anything more. He already had to deal with his grief. He did not need a fight at the moment. Though it also meant they would not oppose Hakkai's departure, which was also not a good thing.

Sakiko was sitting at the kitchen counter, watching her brother cook.  She couldn't help but note the difference with Taiju. Satohiko was caring and loving, childish despite being mature. He was the complete opposite of Taiju. Both as a brother and as a leader. Sakiko remembers the time Satohiko was still the vice-president of the Black Dragon. He was always fighting, coming back home full of bruises. Yet he always had a big smile plastered on his face. At first, Sakiko thought he was always in trouble, then she thought Satohiko was being mean to people. But once, on school vacation, she followed him. He was always surrounded by boys of his age, joking around and fooling around. Never did he pick fights, but each time some delinquents would threaten Shinichiro or hurt him, Satohiko would defend him and fight in his name. Satohiko would always protect Shinichiro. And that was why he always came back home bruises. Or because he protected his other fellow gang mates. That was why he was so well respected. Because he was Black Dragon's protector. Satohiko would actually avoid fights, but when he could not be the case, he would volunteer so his friends would not be wounded and injured. That was why people listened to him. Because they trusted him with their lives. Not because they feared him.

But things were not that easy. There must be a story behind Taiju's behavior. Though nothing should excuse it.

"Hm? What's wrong?" Satohiko tilted his head to the side, confused at his sister's staring.

"You should accept Seishu-kun's offer," she suddenly said. The older Yamashita boy was quite taken aback by her sudden statement, to say the least.

"What?"

"You should become the new Black Dragon's leader," Sakiko said, more than serious. "Taiju Shiba cannot stay the leader...,"

"You've met Taiju?" Satohiko frowned.

"That's not the matter, nii-chan," Sakiko said. "If you become the leader, if you beat him, then Hakkai and Yuzuha will get out of this hell,"

"He's bad news, stay away from him," Satohiko said, going back to cooking."I've heard a lot about him, nothing good,"

"I know. I've seen him in action. He was about to beat Takkun to death and he was unfazed," Sakiko sighed. "And that's why you should lead the Black Dragons! If you lead them, the spirit of the first gen will be back and the Black Dragon will become the one Shin-san created,"

"We've already talked about this, Saki," Satohiko sighed. "I can't lead them,"

"They need you more than me!"

"Wrong," he firmly retorted. Sakiko said nothing. "You are more important to me than anything. Besides, with my job, I wouldn't even have the time to be a leader. Being part of a gang is the past for me. I have responsibilities I cannot ignore as a brother and as an adult,"

Sakiko said nothing more. She knew he was right. Satohiko was twenty-five years old. He had a job and was basically being a single father of two teenage girls. He already had a lot to take care of with S.S Motors and providing for his two sisters. There was no way he would find the time to lead a gang. He didn't want to abandon the business he built with his late best friend either. Gangs were really the past for him. There were things more important to take care of.