27 | who the f*ck are you

R E A D E R

R E A D E R

Thursday morning, Jungkook, Sarutobi and Solange's works were displayed at the school's library. Professor Kim was so impressed that he offered to set them up on the wall for a whole week, creating an improvised exhibition.

"It's so beautiful." the teacher gawked at the drawing and both paintings "You guys are going to win the contest. No doubt on that."

Standing right next to him, I couldn't help but agree. "Indeed, they really are talented."

I squinted my eyes to have a better look at the inscription on the bottom right of the portrait Jungkook had drawn. Three friends enjoying each other's presence by minding their own business, and a sofa. I snickered, thinking of how random it was. I still couldn't believe he kept my idea, let alone actually used it. "I love it!" he said, a bit too enthusiastically considering my work sucked. In the end, I allowed him to make his own decision.

Thus, Three friends enjoying each other's presence by minding their own business, and a sofa was written on Jungkook's drawing.

Later that day, I was pleasantly surprised to witness a large group of students wandering in the library to check out the art club's work. Spotting Kwon talking with a few of his classmates, I waved at him. He returned the gesture then urged me to join him. Wasting no time, I rushed towards him and the four people he was chatting with.

"Y/n!" he beamed, awfully warmer than usual–which came as a shock because he'd never act this way with me "Where's Jungkook?"

I glanced at his friends, I supposed, who were staring back. Oddly enough, I noticed how the only girl's (aside from me) eyes darted up at the mention of my friend. "I don't know."

I watched closely as her shoulders fell, sign of an obvious disappointment. Immediately, Kwon went back to his usual self and ignored me, busy with his friends. However, the girl wasn't paying attention to him anymore.

She took a few step forward in my direction, making me wonder if I'd met her before. Her celestial features reminded me of someone, but I couldn't tell who. Almond light brown eyes scrutinizing me as if I was some kind of unknown animal. She made me so uncomfortable I had to avert my eyes, unable to hold her impenetrable gaze.

Then, out of nowhere, she let out a chuckle I'd rather never hear again. "You're Haneul's girlfriend, right?" Confusion took over me as I nodded slowly. The stranger extended her hand in my direction, smirking. "I'm Dayeun, Haneul's classmate."

Blinking rapidly, I tilted my head. Still, my hand met hers, allowing an awkward handshake.

"I know you guys had a fight." she pouted, but she couldn't look faker "I hope you'll manage to make up in no–"

"I'm sorry." I cut her off right away, unwilling to discuss my private life with someone I barely knew "I don't see how our relationship is any of your concern."

"Oh, no." Dayeun shook her head "I didn't mean to upset you. I'm so sorry, but Haneul is my friend, and he looks so down ever since you had a fight."

Before I could answer, a strong hand grasped my shoulder rather violently, forcing me to turn around. My heart skipped a beat when I realized Jungkook was standing before me, hand still pressing my shoulder as a cocky smile crept up his face. A flash of amusement crossed his doe eyes.

Again, I had no time to react since Dayeun's honeyed voice interrupted me. "You're Jungkook!" she exclaimed "I love your drawing, it's impressive."

Said boy averted his eyes from me, fixing his gaze on the loud girl's figure. His eyes softened whereas mines hardened; her false sympathy was getting on my nerves.

"Thanks." my friend answered

Dayeun giggled. "You're so cute. But hey, don't be shy." Then, as I watched in horror, she grabbed Jungkook's wrist. "Come on, I have so many questions about the drawing!"

Poor guy didn't have the chance to realize what was going on as she dragged him to the exhibition, leaving me alone, fuming in anger. Who the hell did she think she was? I couldn't take my eyes off them, witnessing how she'd get all touchy and flirty. Clearly flustered, Jungkook kept talking with her. Hello? What about me? He's the one who came to me in the first place, yet it looked like he had completely forgotten my very existence.

"Who the fuck is that bitch?"

Solene's surprisingly thick voice snapped me back to reality.

It took me a few seconds to process what she had just said. However, I chose not to tell her off since the same thought had crossed my mind.

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

When I got home that evening, I didn't feel like talking to my Mom nor my sisters. It was already complicated to be angry at my boyfriend, but now I even had to hate someone because of some clueless and naïve friend. What was wrong with me?

I didn't know that Dayeun girl enough to call her a bitch–though it didn't stop Solange–but I couldn't stop myself from being suspicious of her. The way she had mentioned Haneul was far from innocent. It was obvious she didn't truly wish for us to make up, but I couldn't figure out why.

Then I began to wonder if he had explained the reason of our argument to her.  If she was–as she stated–truly his friend, then he'd most definitely told her. Haneul was an extrovert person, not bothering to hide his feelings nor personal stories to anyone. He must've told her.

Taking a deep breath in, I closed my eyes and recalled the way Dayeun hung onto Jungkook's arm earlier today. It's not that I was possessive or anything, but I knew how he despised physical contact, especially with people he barely knew. To be honest, Solange, Taehyung, and I were the only one who dared to do so. Still, we had our reasons–love and friendship.

On the other hand, Haneul's classmate was no one.

I couldn't think further regarding the whole Dayeun case when Maya knocked on my door, urging me to head downstairs for dinner. Wasting no time, I left the comfort of my bed for the noisy dining room, wincing in pain when my feet touched the cold parquet floor.

『 ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ 』