44 | preparing the haunted classroom

Because Namjoon thought the council members had nothing better to do than help with the festival's preparations, Yoongi found himself stuck in a delicate situation

Because Namjoon thought the council members had nothing better to do than help with the festival's preparations, Yoongi found himself stuck in a delicate situation. The day before the festival, he was asked to lend Jungkook's classmates a hand to finalize the haunted classroom.

"Is this your way of helping us?" Jieun questioned him as she stopped by the desk he was comfortably sitting on, sipping almond milk.

Of course, he nodded.

The girl snorted, trying her best not to insult him. A simple class representative had nothing on a council member after all.

"Do you mind actually helping? There's still a lot left to do."

Because he had no will to fight the noisy girl, the oldest student sighed in defeat as he jumped off the table.

Jieun wasn't lying ; there was so much more to be done. Most of her classmates were busy prepping costumes and decorations, putting the layout aside. In other words, Yoongi was stuck with the hefting and the lifting.

As he began, he cursed himself, noticing he had forgotten his headphones upstairs. Thus, the boy had no choice but to work while listening to the freshmen gossiping around. Though he'd never admit, he didn't really mind.

Some things were quite interesting.

"Would you look at that!" a high-pitched voice exclaimed, coming from behind

Immediately, Yoongi released the chair he  was about to move and turned around, facing the newcomer. It was Y/n.

"Never thought I'd say that, but I'm glad you came." he let out with his infamous blank face

Finally, he had someone to talk to.

The h/c-haired female smiled shyly, clearly not expecting that reaction.

"Jungkook is coming too."

Even better, he thought.

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

J U N G K O O K

"So, what do you think?" Jieun asked as she flicked the lights off, allowing the haunted ambiance to show. "I like it."

Most of my classmates agreed, I as well. However, Yoongi, who turned out to be of great help, wasn't convinced.

"Something's missing." he simply said

Our class representative glanced at him, waiting for something more, but nothing came. Jaedong, the classmate in charge of costumes, nodded in approval. 

"I agree. It's hard to picture a haunted classroom without any living creature in it. The actors should put their costume and makeup on!"