45 | bangtan high's spring festival

J U N G K O O K

J U N G K O O K

On this special day, the school grounds swarmed with students, teachers, parents, siblings, the cleaning, the maintenance staff ; you name it. While some were busy exploring the insides of our modest high school, others were having fun playing games ruled by students. Some adults were chatting near the food area, keeping up with the grown-ups' gossip.

I, on the other hand, stood still in my classroom, dressed in a Dracula costume designed by a few classmates. To deepen the eerie feeling, block-out curtains were placed upon the room's large windows.

Aside from me, three more classmates were dressed up as bloodsuckers. Thanks to Miria's makeup skills, we looked both horrifying and threatening. Despite the cold look on my face—I took my role seriously—, I was truly excited. I'd been waiting for the haunted classroom to begin since that morning.

"Guys, you ready?" Jonam's timid voice resonated in the dark. I couldn't see him, but I could picture his face covered in red. "First customers ahead."

And so it began.

Customer after customer, I was truly having the time of my life. Some of them were jumpy, and others did not hesitate to scream. Only a few remained impassive, wandering in the room as if they were walking through a quiet neighborhood.

Still, I was having a great time!

R E A D E R

"No, no, no! You'll eat them later, stop picking—"

"Alright, alright!" I cried as Dongchil kept scolding me for nibbling.

He sighed, instantly calming down. "These Kimbaps are for the customers, Y/n. What are we going to do if we have none left?"

I glanced at the pile of boxes stored under the booth's tables. They were full of Kimbap, and there were at least a hundred of them. I knew the boy was being dramatic, but I didn't want to provoke him. Dongchil had enough stress on his plate, so I chose not to answer.

We were five handling the Kimbap corner for now. Later on, some of our classmates would replace us so that we could enjoy the festival as well.

"The apron looks so cute on you. You look like a nice old cook!"

Miria punched my shoulder, obviously unsatisfied with my comment. I broke into laughter, teasing her because I knew she hated the apron.

"If Professor Kim walks by, I'm leaving. I'm not joking."

Dongchil appeared right behind us, causing the both of us to jump. "Girls, you better be working or else..."