33 | silent life (memories)

J U N G K O O K

J U N G K O O K

Although I wasn't much of a singer, I did have a pleasing voice — Dad's words, not mine. Even Namjoon agreed. It wasn't only me though; Jimin and Taehyung were not so bad either, whereas Hoseok seemed to master the art of impersonating charismatic rappers. On the other hand, there was Y/n.

By the way she was glaring at me whenever I'd sing with her, I could tell she wasn't enjoying herself as much as she would.

Poor thing couldn't sing for a penny.

"Why are you mad?" I whispered to her while the guys were trying to sing some popular American song

She scoffed, eyes glued to the screen. "I hate you all."

Surprised by her honest answer, I pinched her shoulder so that she would face me. "Why?"

She paused, pointing at our friends. "You can all sing!"

In order to tease her, the boys sang even harder, making sure to sound as good as a successful band on stage. The way Y/n's eyebrows narrowed at their action made me want to pinch her cheeks—I don't really know why.

"Makes you feel bad?"

She rolled her eyes. "Karaoke with good singers is anything but funny."

After spending some time teasing her, our session came to an end. It was almost nine thirty, and my stomach was aching for food. Hoseok, who was hungry too, led us to a Chinese restaurant nearby. Nothing truly interesting happened, but it felt nice to just hang out with the boys and Y/n after the lonely week I had spent.

At eleven o'clock, Y/n's mother parked in front the restaurant to pick up her daughter. She offered to drive us home, but we didn't want to bother her.

In the end, the boys came over my place to meet with Namjoon. We played video games and ate more food before Jimin's mother called him. When they left, it was three in the morning. However, I didn't feel sleepy at all. On the contrary, I needed to go for a walk.

As I wandered in the night, music was playing in my ears. One particular song led me to think of Y/n. Especially the talk we had earlier. Although we had decided to postpone the ultimate conversation, the brief conversation we had regarding the kiss brought a smile onto my face.

The level of satisfaction I felt when Y/n admitted she enjoyed the kiss made me want to kiss her again. I had to control every ounce of my being not to tell her though.

It was weird, wanting to kiss her again. Was it because of the way her presence put me at ease? Or the fact that no one—apart from my family—meant that much to me?

Friendship being quite a new feeling to me, perhaps was it nothing more than pure and platonic affection.

I was lost, confused, and no one could help me figure it out apart from myself.