39 | to grow up

R E A D E R

"Alright, this is the address." I told my sister as she drove slowly through Jungkook's street. "You can stop here."

"Huh?" Maya glanced towards me. "His place is right th—"

"You don't have to stop right in front of his house."

She rolled her eyes, slamming the gas pedal to speed up. Of course, she wouldn't listen. Seconds later, we were bickering  as I begged her to leave now that we were in front of Jungkook's house.

"No way. You're a beautiful sixteen years old going to a boy's house ; I'm not letting you in alone." she said as she unfastened her belt "I'm coming with you. "Also, I' not your personal driver so stop acting like some spoiled—"

I chose to ignore her last words as there was no point in getting all worked up. With no further ado, Maya followed me to the doorstep. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down—

"Just ring."

Before I could say anything, she pressed the button to signal our arrival. I glared at her, willing to punch her in the face. She rolled her eyes as an annoying big smile crept up her face.

The door had opened. A man was standing there, smiling as well.

"You must be Y/n." I nodded, smiling back. "And you..."

The woman held our her hand to the father of my friend. "Maya. I'm Y/n's sister. It is nice to meet you, sir."

We bowed at the same time, earning nothing but a warm welcome inside. Thanks to her schedule, my sister couldn't stay long. She made sure I was safe before leaving the house as Mr.Jeon led me to the upper floor. I couldn't help but notice how he resembled Namjoon more than his younger son. They had the same warm and intimidating smile.

"I think Jungkook's in the bathroom. You can wait for him in his room."

I bowed to thank his father and watched him leave. Carefully, I pushed the room's door open. I was struck by the freshening smell of cotton, as if he had sprayed air freshener all over the room only seconds ago. I breathed in, enjoying the scent.

For a long minute, I stood there, unable to budge as my eyes scanned the quiet, tidy, and unsurprisingly sober bedroom. I noticed a few drawings pinned on the walls, but nothing more on these. A photo frame sat on the night table with the old, damaged picture of a woman in her thirties, holding a baby in her frail arms. A smirk decorated her pink lips as her familiar eyes gazed upon the kid. Anyone could tell she was Jungkook's mother.

Just as the tought had crossed my mind, I heard footsteps approaching from behind. I turned around, and my eyes fell on a freshly cleaned teenage boy.

As usual, he was dressed in all black, looking effortlessly good.

"I brought snacks." I raised the white plastig bag I'd been holding for an hour now. "My favorites."

"Right." My classmate chuckled, grabbing the bag to check its contents. "Because that's what a guest is supposed to do ; buy whatever they like for the host."