50 | changes

R E A D E R

R E A D E R

New year, same classmates. With a heavy sigh, I slid the door open and then entered the busy classroom. Most of the students were already there, making up for the lost time as two months had passed by since we last saw each other.

Disappointment took over me as I noticed Jungkook was nowhere to be seen. Of course, he wouldn't be there.

I bit my lip, wondering how the first day would go at his new school. Part of me felt anxious for him, but I guessed students would definitely like him. He'd be fine.

After surviving to boring morning classes, I made my way to the art club room. With the loss of four members, only three of us remained: Kwon, Solange, and I. We had less than a week to settle a few things and begin the new year.

To make sure we were well organized, Solange wrote down our missions for the day on the board.

#1: How many members do we need?
#2: The stocktake!
#3: Create a mascot
#4: Organization chart
#5: We need a new president!

Kwon suggested we should start with the last mission to make things easier. Sol and I both agreed to it.

"I'll prepare the ballots! There's an empty box we could use for—"

"Let's not do that." The only boy cut her off. "A hand vote is fine."

I nodded, surprisingly siding with Kwon.

"But it's an important matter! We can't just solve it with a hand vote."

"Solange, there's only three of us. It'll save us time and energy." I said calmly, smiling a little to show sympathy.

The girl bit her lip, obviously unsatisfied. "Alright, majority wins. So, who wants to do it?"

In synch, Kwon and I shook our heads from left to right. None of us were interested in becoming the club's president.

"Oh, is it only me?" Sol asked, confused.

Kwon clapped his hands: "It's settled then, you're the new president!"

Poor girl was taken aback as the both of us congratulated her in the loudest way, shouting her name as if she had just become the state's president. Eventually, she came back to her senses.

"No, no, guys! We should vote."

"Why? You're the only candidate!"