36 | pair work at home

J U N G K O O K

J U N G K O O K

So, the plan was simple. First, be blunt and question the girl regarding the jerkface situation. What did he fucking want when he pulled her outside the art club room? Then, following her reaction to the first part, get over with it and pop the question. Yeah, simple enough.

The first thing that brought a smile on my face when I stepped inside the L/n's house was the mother, standing with a plate of freshly fried cutlets. Then, five seconds later, when Y/n appeared with a tracksuit on. She looked exhausted but pleasing to the eye. And last but not least,—and that, ladies and gentlemen, happened to be my favorite experience at the L/n's—Maya came to greet me while Y/n and I were studying in her room, embarrassing her sister as she revealed how often the latter would talk about me.

Because I didn't want to make her uncomfortable in Maya's presence, I kept the teasing for later. Meaning as soon as she left, leaving us alone in the room with a wide-open door.

"I'm starting to believe you're in love with me." I said, smirking to myself

As I spoke, my gaze was set on my notes. I could imagine Y/n's annoyed face though, which I was used to.

"Don't mind her, she's like my mom. They keep exaggerating for every single thing." she spat "Also, don't get your hopes up."

R E A D E R

Jungkook was acting weird.

He was extremely playful. Usually, he would tease to mock or annoy me. This time, the teasing seemed different. Almost as if he was flirting.

Yeah, right, I thought, mentally slapping myself for being ridiculous.

He would never.

As I tried to shift the conversation back to our presentation, he came up with a strange—no, unexpected—question.

"What happened with jerkface?"

This time, he looked up, staring right back at me. I could feel my face burn under his oddly intense gaze, but I managed to keep my composure.

"Are you seriously asking me this a week later?" I chuckled, not even surprised that he'd want to know "Anyway, nothing happened."

"What did he want?"

I shrugged. "Nothing special."

"What exactly?"

"Why do you care?"

By the look on his face, I could tell I was starting to get on his nerves. Jungkook was obviously worried about me getting back with Haneul.

"Are you hiding something?"