48 | the president's house party pt.2

J U N G K O O K

J U N G K O O K

"Come on, Jungkook! Just one song, and we'll leave you alone."

There was a karaoke area in the veranda, where a small group of students were either busy singing, listening, or clapping their hands. Some were even dancing, such as Hoseok.

"He sings like an angel." My brother said out of nowhere. I groaned, not liking the sudden attention.

"Oh, really?" A female voice resonated right as the music ended. "Sing with me."

I had no time to react as she pulled me towards her, leading us to the singers' spot. Namjoon cheered while a guy I didn't know gave each of us a mic.

"Choose the song." He said right after.

I addressed a confused look with the girl, to which she answered with a smirk.

"Do you like ballads?"

"Ballads?" A drunken girl spat angrily, "It's a fucking party!"

"Shut up, Naeun!" The girl shouted back, causing the said Naeun to storm inside. Some of her friends followed her, leaving only a few of us. "Anyway. So, ballads?"

The brown-haired girl looked at me, waiting for an answer. We shared the same height, meaning she'd look me straight in the eye quite easily.

"Ugh, sure." I mumbled, willing to finish whatever was going on.

"Ballad it is. By the way, I'm Kimhee."

I bobbed my head. "Jungkook."

"Alright, Jungkook. Let's kill it!" She winked at me.

Suddenly, the first notes of Sung Sikyung's In the street played, and the beginning of its lyrics appeared on the small karaoke machine. Thank God those hanging in the veranda were drunk. Otherwise, I wouldn't be doing this.

R E A D E R

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Jungkook standing next to some girl. A gorgeous one, to say the least.

They were singing, stealing glances at each other from time to time.

I wasn't sure there was a reason for me to be jealous, but I was. I felt the same way I did on his birthday party, although this girl was probably nothing like Dayeun.

Still, seeing him enjoying the party with a stranger when we didn't even cross path yet made me uneasy.

Ew, I hate being like that!

"Where the hell were you?" Jieun appeared from nowhere as Miria jumped on my back, causing me to move away. "Solange's waiting for us. She wants to play a game!"